Accademia Gallery tickets and audio guide
- Discover the David: all the secrets revealed
- Avoid the queues and save your time
- Visit the museum with an audio guide at your own pace
- Learn more about Michelangelo's career
Enjoy total immersion in Michelangelo's art with this ticket to the Accademia Gallery that allows you to skip the long queue at the entrance. Take advantage of the audio guide with commentaries by expert art historians recorded in your own language to learn about Michelangelo's most renowned work, the David, and other important masterpieces such as the Prisoners, the Palestrina Pietà and San Matteo. This tour is ideal for all those who wish to visit the second most visited museum in Florence and one of the most important museums in Italy in total freedom.
The Gallery was founded in 1784 by Grand Duke Peter Leopold of Lorraine with the aim of providing sculptural models that students of the nearby Academy of Fine Arts could study and reproduce. At the Academy, they studied some of the best known Florentine artists, among which included Michelangelo Buonarroti, Francesco da Sangallo, Benvenuto Cellini, Giorgio Vasari and Giambologna.
Let yourself be surprised by the imposing sculpture of David, the emblem of the Renaissance ideal of beauty and the symbol of the Republic of Florence at its height of splendor. Be touched by the human pathos fixed forever in time in the Palestrina Pietà and admire the famous Prisoners who still seem to struggle to free themselves from the marble blocks in which they are trapped. In addition to the most important collection of Michelangelo's sculptures in the world, the audio guide will allow you to discover the single largest collection of paintings on gold background as well as the Museum of Musical Instruments housed in the Accademia Gallery.
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance at the meeting point
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Accademia Gallery
- Audio guide in 5 languages
- Children (0-6 years): free of charge (show a document proving children’s age upon request)
Via Ricasoli 58, 50122 Florence FI, Italy
Accademia Gallery Museum: entrance for pre-booked tickets. An assistant will be waiting for you wearing blue clothing with Caf Tour and Gray Line logos.
- During periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite reservation, admission to the museum may be subject to delays due to security reasons which cannot be attributed to Caf Tour & Travel responsibility
- To collect the audio guide inside the museum you have to show the original copy of your Identity Card or Passport; your ID document will be returned to you when you return the undamaged audio guide
- If you lose or don’t return the audio guide, you will be asked for a refund of €250 per unit
- Audio guides are not available for children under the age of 7
- November - March: Tuesday to Sunday at 10.30am
- April - October: Tuesday to Sunday at 10.30am; 12.00pm; 1.30pm
- Closed on Monday, 25 December, 1 January and 1 May
- Free on the first Sunday of the month from October to March
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before the start of the tour
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Enjoy a lovely half-day trip to Pisa to discover the beauty of its monuments and countryside. Travel...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato in an idyllic setting of the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
Enjoy intimate small group walking tour through the historical city centre of Florence This small gr...
Join a fun day trip to the Chianti countryside to meet other travelers of the same age and to discov...