An evening with David and panoramic aperitivo
- Last-entry to the Florence Accademia
- See Michelangelo's David with fewer crowds
- Sip a glass of wine and snacks on a rooftop terrace
- Learn the story of Michelangelo Buonarroti and his statue of David
- Follow your guide, expert in Italian Renaissance
- Visit in small group of maximum 15 people
- Explore the gallery of plaster casts and Michelangelo's unfinished “Slaves”
As the Florence Accademia begins to empty out for the day, you’ll meet your guide and small group of no more than 15 people, then take advantage of that last entrance into the museum. Your guide will show you the most famous works, including the Rape of the Sabines, and the plaster casts of Lorenzo Bartolini, but nothing quite compares to Michelangelo’s David. With the crowd thinning out, you’ll stand at the foot of the statue that changed the world and learn its improbable story. Nowhere in the world will you get a more intimate or insightful experience with great art.
After you have seen the David from every angle and learned its secrets, you’ll also take in Michelangelo’s unfinished “Slaves” which give special insight into the mind of the famously tortured genius.
Leaving the museum, you’ll learn a bit of history and local lore as you cross Santa Annunziata square, then head up to the rooftop terrace of one of our favorite cafes. A complimentary glass of wine and snacks await you, along with beautiful views over the city and the famous Florence Duomo. Have something to eat and drink and put your feet up. You can hang out on the terrace as long as you’d like. For lovers of fine food and fine art, this is a fun and leisurely way to see Michelangelo’s David and enjoy a delightful evening snack with none of the crowds of hassle that usually go along with visiting the Florence Accademia.
Sites Visited: Accademia Gallery, Michelangelo's David, Michelangelo's Slaves, The Hall of the Colossus (including the “Rape of the Sabines” plaster cast by Giambologna), The Gipsoteca Bartolini, Santa Annunziata square, Ospedale degli Innocenti (from the outside), Rooftop Terrace at nearby cafe
- Skip the line, tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Aperitivo from a rooftop terrace
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
Piazza San Marco, Firenze
Meet us 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour in Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square. Piazza San Marco is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible but with some difficulty (client needs to contact us in advance to make proper arrangements)
Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Meeting Time: 05:00 PM
Departure Time: 05:15 PM
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...