Combo tour: Dome climb and Florence city walking tour
- Join a combined tour of Florence’s must-see attractions
- Climb to the top of Florence's Dome on a guided tour
- Learn from a professional guide who will show you the city's hidden treasures
Start with a one hour guided tour to the Cupola. The guide will talk you through the exterior view of the Cupola, but the only way to see the inside of the dome up close and enjoy the extraordinary view of Florence is to climb
its 463 steps. On your way up, discover the design of the Cupola and how it was built by Brunelleschi in 1418, find out why the corridors are so narrow, and admire Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9). Look down and on
the base, just above the drum, you'll see the balcony started, but never finished, in 1507; hear about the fascinating story of the balcony and the unfinished eighth side from the guide. Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, get enchanted by the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. The guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer any of your questions about Duomo.
Later in the afternoon, meet the guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe to start the walking tour. Receive insight into the history of this Renaissance city and how this incredible cultural movement of the Renaissance
transformed not only Florence but eventually the rest of Europe. Begin with Piazza Della Republica, the main square of Florence, before heading straight to the Piazza Della Duomo.
Whilst passing the Duomo Square, the guide will lead you straight through the old buildings and some of the historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where you will see the Sculpture of David by Michelangelo.
Afterward, as you walk past the Palazzo Vecchio, the guide will talk you through the Uffizi Gallery, one of the greatest museums of the world, before you reach the most famous old bridge of Florence known as Ponte
Your next stop is at Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace of Florence's largest architectural monuments of Filippo Brunelleschi. As you walk through the narrow roads of this ancient city with lots of hidden treasures, the guide will answer all the curious secrets of the city.
Finally, the guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers, and political figures who led to the Renaissance, before your last stop to La Strega Nocciola for a delicious gelato.
- Entrance fees and reservations to climb Cupola
- Entrance Tickets to the Crypt, Baptistery, Bell tower and the Opera Duomo Museum visit on your own time
- Guided walking tour of Florence city centre
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free Water bottle or Gelato
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees to the attractions not listed above
- Child (6-12): reduced
- Infant (0-5): free of charge
Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI
Meet your guide In front of the Arnold Cafe, Piazza Duomo or inside Arnold Cafe, floor -1. Please be present at the meeting point 20 minutes before departure time in order to avoid any delays. Walking Tour: You will meet the guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe Firenze (Via dei Brunelleschi, Piazza della Repubblica, 1, 50123 Firenze FI). Please be present at the meeting point 20 minutes before departure time in order to avoid any delays.
- Not wheelchair accessible (no elevators to climb Cupola)
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women and suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia or heart problems
- Pets are not allowed
- The guided tour to climb the Cupola will take around 1 hour
- You do not need a ticket to visit the Cathedral; you can enter it at any time before or after this tour
- After the first validation, the ticket is valid for 72 hours: you can use it to visit monuments listed on your
- own time (the Bell-tower and the crypt inside the cathedral)
- Respect the dress code: no shorts or sleeveless tops, knees and shoulders must be covered for both men
- and women and hats should not be worn inside. You may risk refused entry.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded
- or have your tour rescheduled
Every day at 10.00am, 10.30am, 11.00am, 11.30am, 12.00pm, 12.30pm
Enjoy a lovely half-day trip to Pisa to discover the beauty of its monuments and countryside.Travel ...
Leave Florence for a couple of days and discover the magical city of Venice!Your high-speed train wi...
The Eternal City is waiting for you! Enjoy a couple of days in Rome with this brand-new package with...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
Your tour starts early, near the Accademia Gallery, where your local guide will provide you tickets ...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...