Round-trip excursion from Florence to Pisa
- Easily reach the university city of Pisa and explore it by yourself
- Choose to add a guided tour of the famous Piazza dei Miracoli
- Don't miss the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world
Leave Florence for a day and visit Pisa, the famous city with the Leaning Tower. Enjoy a splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty.
Upon arrival in Pisa, your informative guide will take you on a guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments, where you will admire the wonderful architecture of the unique buildings surrounding you, called in the past “Miracles” because of their incredible beauty and uniqueness. You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the wonderful Cathedral (*) where you will visit the indoor part, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower, the round-shaped Baptistery surrounded by its suggestive columned arcades and its Camposanto, originally a cemetery, an extraordinary quadrangular cloister delimiting with its marble façade the Square to the North.
The commentary of our guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. You will be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors. After the guided visit you will have some free time for memorable pictures or to discover on your own the historical quarter where you can admire the Church of San Sisto, one of the oldest churches in Pisa and Piazza dei Cavalieri, which was the political center in the middle age and where the Scuola Normale is located, one of the most famous universities in the world.
Choose the semi-independent tour to explore the city by yourself. Save on the price of the guided tour booking the option "semi-independent tour" which includes round-trip transportation from Florence, hostess aboard, and commentary on the bus.
(*) In case of long queue, if you cannot visit the interior of the Cathedral, you will be offered a guided visit of Piazza dei Cavalieri.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Tour escort
- Tour of Piazza dei Miracoli with a professional guide (classic tour only)
- Cathedral admission
- Leaning Tower admission in Pisa
- Children (ages 0-3): free of charge
- Children (ages 4-12): reduced
In front of Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line yellow street sign.
- You can choose from 2 different options: the classic (with local guide) or the semi-independent tour
- The semi-independent tour does not include the guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- From April to October: every day at 1:30 pm
- From November to March: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at 1:30 pm
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
- From November to March: English – Spanish (min 2 pax) / French – Italian – German (min 4 pax)
- From April to October: English – Spanish – French – Italian – German (min 2 pax)
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
The tour starts with an introduction to the square and its religious buildings.Then you will visit t...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...