Small group tour: the Duomo complex restoration workshop
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
Step back in time and experience life as it was in this ancient Cathedral workshop. This is where Michelangelo created the statue of David, and the laboratory is still in use. Using tools and techniques that date back centuries, local craftsmen continue to restore and maintain the heritage of the Duomo for future generations to enjoy. The fascinating methods and procedures, used centuries ago to create the mosaics, will be conveyed to you during an introductory lesson. Then it’s on to visit the Baptistery and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Del Fiore to put your new-found knowledge to work, appreciating the ancient works of art displayed here.
Don’t forget that you still have 72 hours, included in your ticket price, in which to explore the rest of the Duomo Complex, the Opera del Duomo Museum and Giotto’s Bell Tower.
- Entrance fees
- Entrance ticket
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0 - 5: free
- Reduced for children and youths from 6 to 11 years old
Piazza di San Giovanni, 7, Firenze, FI, Italia
Duomo Complex Ticket office
- Remember to dress appropriately to enter the Cathedral
- This tour does not operate in the low season
- The tour starts at 11.40 am
- This tour is not available on August 15th
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...