SKIP THE LINE
DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Follow the traces of Michelangelo in Florence
- Visit the Medici Chapels, the New Sacristy and the Laurentian Library
- Join a tour that outlines the life of the master through the city
- Admire the masterpieces of the Accademia Gallery
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour offers the opportunity to see a variety of places of Michelangelo in Florence and some of the works present in the city belonging to the three principal moments of his style.
The tour will start from the Garden of San Marco where the twelve-year-old Michelangelo began to sculpt under Bertoldo di Giovanni and where Lorenzo the Magnificent noticed his talent. We will see his work symbol icon of beauty, The David, and the Prisoners at the Accademia Gallery, and then we will linger in front of Palazzo Medici, where Lorenzo the Magnificent welcomed the adolescent Michelangelo and where the artist comes into contact with the Neo-Platonic philosophy of which his art is steeped. The tour will conclude with the New Sacristy and Laurentian Library, mature works of the artist.
- 8.45am: Meeting in Piazza San Marco in front of the statue of Manfredo Fanti
- Brief Introduction to the Garden of San Marco and the Accademia Gallery
- 9:00am: Entrance to the Academy Gallery
- 10.00am: Walk to the Laurentian complex with a stop in front of the Palazzo Medici
- 10.30am: Visit to the Medici Chapels, the New Sacristy and the Laurentian Library
- 11.30am: End of tour
- Entrace fee to Accademia Gallery, Medici Chapels, New Sacristy and Laurentian Library
- Tour guide
- From Tuesday to Friday at 8.45am
Florence: discover all activities