SUGOCA IC card introduced contactless stored value card for public transit use on JR Kyushu trains and buses. Enjoy faster and smoother travel around Kyushu region without the hassle of paying with coins or verifying the correct fare to pay. SUGOCA IC card is pre-loaded with JPY 1,500 for transportation fees and JPY 500 initial deposit that you can use at select vending machines, convenience stores, and even restaurants. You can top it up at any SUGOCA IC Card reload station.
SUGOCA IC Card
- Easily access Kyushu region's trains and buses with SUGOCA IC CardEnjoy a pre-loaded card of JPY 1,500 for transportation feesHassle-free use of card for shopping and dining at select stores
- Bus TicketsTrain tickets
- You may use your SUGOCA IC Card for JR trains and affiliated buses in the Greater Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Oita and Nagasaki regions.
- Topping up of the card credits can be done at any automatic ticket vending machines and fare adjustment machines displaying the SUGOCA logo.
- Each SUGOCA IC card has a lifespan of 10 years from the date of redemption.
- Return your card to the JR Hakata Station Ticket Office or JR Kumamoto Station Ticket Office to redeem your JPY 500 deposit and the remaining balance on the card after use.
- A handling fee of JPY 220 will be deducted from the refund.
- Please visit [https://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/sugoca/shop/index.html] for complete details for the Kyushu region trains and buses.
- You may also check the above link for the list of stores that accept SUGOCA card payment.