Palo Verde and Tempisque River: Tour From Guanacaste
- Tempisque River
- Palo Verde National Park
From mangroves to swamps, saltwater to freshwater lagoons, Palo Verde National Park in Costa Rica has it all! This day trip takes you traveling along the Bebedero River to gaze at exotic animals such as anteaters and crocodiles. You might also spot howler monkeys, green iguanas, and a wide array of local Costa Rican birds. As you travel along the deep, slow-moving Bebedero River and cross dry Pacific savannas, discover a myriad of wild creatures in Guanacaste’s phenomenal Palo Verde National Park.
The park is one of the most famous international bird-nesting sites and it provides shelter for a great variety of birds, including the American Woodstock, the Roseate Spoonbill, the Shite Ibis, the Greets Egret, the Little Blue Heron, the Boat-Billed Heron, the Tiger Heron, and the Tropical Kingbird.
Palo Verde National Park is home to dramatic biodiversity in its mangroves, swamps, lagoons and marshes. There are also deciduous and evergreen forests where the characteristic "palo verde," or horse bean, grows. During your boat trip through the park, your guide will help you become an excellent bird watcher and teach you how to differentiate their calls. This trip offers an exceptional experience amid the beauty of nature in Costa Rican!
- Roundtrip Transfers from most Guanacaste Hotels
- Tour Guide
- Entrance Fee to National Park
- Free for children 0-2 years
- Reduced for children 3-10 years
Pick up from your hotel
- We suggest bringing: light clothing, bathing suit, towel, comfortable shoes, light jacket, hat, sunblock and camera
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to run; if the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled
- Available from select hotels in the following Guanacaste areas:
Zone 1: Coco Beach, Hermosa Beach, Matapalo Beach, Ocotal Beach, Panama Beach, Papagayo Zone 2: Conchal, Flamingo, Playa Grande, Playa Pan de Azucar, Potrero, Tamarindo
Monday, Thursday, Saturday at 9:00 am
- Highlights tour In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and ne...
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Having carved their way through travertine rocks for millions of years, the pure jade waters of the ...