Istanbul Ottoman Relics afternoon tour
- Explore the Sultan Tombs and their stunning decorations
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Ottoman Empire with a visit to the Topkapi Palace
- Walk where Sultans once walked as you view the various exhibits
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour will begin with a visit of the Topkapi Palace, residence of Ottoman Sultans exhibiting imperial treasury, sacred Islamic relics of Prophet Mohammed, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy and much more. Please note that live guided commentary is not allowed in special sections (Harem is not included in the program).
Topkapi grew and changed with the centuries, but the palace's basic four-courtyard plan remained the same. The Ottomans followed the Byzantine practice of secluding the monarch from the people: the first court was open to all; the second only to people on imperial business; and the third and fourth only to the imperial family, VIPs and palace staff. Discover more about the palace's history while your expert guide takes you through.
The second part of this half-day afternoon tour includes a visit to the Sultan Tombs. There are five tombs of Ottoman Sultans within the graveyard at Hagia Sophia. The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century, with purple, red, green and blue flower motives. Prince robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses. Don't miss out on the best of Istanbul's Ottoman relics on this tour!
- Free pick up and drop of from/to city center hotels
- Muesum Entrance Fees
- Donations to the Tombs
- Roundtrip Transfers from/to Central Hotels
- Transportation with A/C Vehicles
- Harem Section of Topkapi Palace
- Children 0-2 years of age: free
- Children 3-7 years of age: reduced
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Every day except Tuesday at 2.00pm
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
Enjoy the fun with the spectacular & magical world of Isfanbul Theme Park! The capital of entertainm...
During this half-day tour, you will explore the wonders of this historic city with your expert guide...
During This tour is a half-day afternoon walking tour, you will discover the beauty of Istanbul thro...
Climb back to 3000 B.C. on a 2-day journey from Istanbul to witness the most striking views of the s...