Starting at the soccer stadium on the outskirts of Soweto, the tour goes past the Baragwanath Hospital and the historic suburb of Diepkloof. One of the first stops is at the Motsoaledi informal settlement where your guide will walk you through the streets, past street cafes, then to craft markets and a community centre. Meet the locals and get a glimpse into their way of life. Continue on through Orlando West to the hub of Soweto, where you'll stop outside the Regina Mundi Church and Freedom Square for a quick overview (you can also see inside if you wish to do so). There will be a formal tour of the Hector Pieterson Museum. Vilakazi Street is a vibrant part of Soweto and takes you past iconic monuments and the homes of Nelson and Winnie Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. The tour ends at a popular restaurant at the base of the Soweto Towers to enjoy a traditional "shisa nyama" (barbeque) to end your day.
Soweto half-day tour including lunch from Johannesburg
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 5 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Do this because
- Meet the locals and get a glimpse into their way of life
- End your day by enjoying a traditional shisa nyama barbeque
- Formal tour of Hector Pieterson Museum
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Lunch without drinks
- Hector Pieterson Museum entrance fee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Guided tour
- Children (age 3-11)
Pick-up from your hotels in Johannesburg. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with our local partner at least 48 hours before departure. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- If you are unable to bring car seat(s) for your child, you can arrange this with the local partner (at an additional cost) at least 24 hours before departure
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.