Private tour of Cinque Terre from La Spezia Cruise Port
- Enjoy a guided tour of an amazing Unesco World Heritage site: the Cinque Terre ("five lands")
- Learn about the history of Cinque Terre's five villages, that date from the early medieval time
- Explore the magic lands of Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore
- Take colorful pictures of the contrasts between the houses and the sea, for a memory that will last forever!
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Unesco World Heritage site since 1997. You will meet your private guide at the cruise terminal and then the tour, lasting for about 6 hours in total, will start from the train station of La Spezia, where you will board the train "5 Terre Express". This is a dedicated train which goes through these 5 fishing villages and will allow you to discover them at your own pace and time.
In fact, you'll have the chance to decide, together with your expert guide which lands you prefer to visit, or if you prefer to see all of them, that's possible too! Get ready for a wonderful scenery, coloured houses built on impressive cliffsides, a stunning landscape all around you, in a place where cars were banned over a decade ago.
Listen to the history of these magic lands: Cinque Terre's five villages date from the early medieval period. Monterosso, the oldest, was founded in AD 643, and Riomaggiore came next, purportedly established in the 8th century by Greek settlers fleeing persecution in Byzantium.
The others are Vernazza, Corniglia and Manarola. Much of what remains in the villages today dates from the late High Middle Ages, including several castles and a quintet of illustrious parish churches.
At the end of your tour, your guide will accompany you back to La Spezia cruise port.
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera with you!
FYI: the "5 Terre Express" train ticket is not included in the price, you can buy it - with your guide's help - at La Spezia train station. This way, you can decide which ticket you want to buy based on your preferences for the day.
- private tour led by an expert guide
- train ticket to visit the Cinque Terre (your guide can help you buying it at La Spezia train station)
- food & drinks
Viale Italia, 5, 19124 La Spezia SP, Italy
Meet your guide in front of the white building "Cruise Terminal".
- please note that this tour does not include the "5 Terre Express" train ticket
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this tour runs every day starting at 9.00am or 10.00am
A special experience that will allow you to discover the secrets of a traditional activity, the muss...
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Une...
Discover the viticulture traditions of Manarola with Alessandro, a young winemaker native of this be...
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrou...
Sail to the western and eastern sides of the beautiful Golfo dei Poeti (Gulf of Poets), on a 7-hour ...
This boat tour will allow you to enjoy the genuine breathtaking beauty of two pearls of the Gulf of ...