Meet your private guide during an 8.00 am pick up at your accommodation in Le Havre or at the pier and take a seat in your air-conditioned minivan to enjoy an unforgettable day on the D-Day landing beaches.
Set up the itinerary of your choice by selecting 3 or 4 sites to discover the D-Day landing beaches and its history. Your professional guide will respect your expectations and will also be happy to share with you his suggestions to make this day unique.
Various suggestions are available to you, among which :
- Pointe du Hoc: discover this 30-meter high cliff, a must on the landing beaches. This strategic point had been taken by storm on D-Day, and it was one of the most difficult battles of the landing. During your visit, you will be able to discover what an artillery battery was with its firing position, its casemates, and its shelters.
- American Cemetery: experience a great moment of emotion as you discover the tombs 9,387 fallen soldiers, the chapel, the memorial, and the garden of the missing.
- Overlord Museum: visit a unique exhibition of more than 10,000 pieces, including 35 tanks, cannons, artillery pieces from the Battle of Normandy, some of which are still in working order.
- Arromanches Artificial Port: discover this artificial point which allowed to supply the troops landed with weapons and ammunition on the day of the landing.
- Longues Sur Mer: visit the German gun battery which was ideally situated to face the landing on 6 June 1944.
- Landing Beaches: discover the 5 beaches where the Allied forces landed on the morning of June 6, 1944: Omaha, Utah, Juno, Sword, and Gold Beach.
- Sainte-Mère-Eglise: take the time to learn more about the first missions of the American paratroopers. You will see a representation of an American paratrooper who landed on the church tower during the descent.