Entrance tickets to La Villa Cavrois
- Discover the masterpiece of the great architect Robert Mallet-Stevens
- Enter a veritable contemporary castle
- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
During your visit of Villa Cavrois, you will discover the tumultuous history of this modernist mansion, which was built in 1932 for Paul Cavrois, an industrialist active in the textile industry. Located in the northern of France, the architect of this work of art combining classical design and modernist aesthetics is the parisian Robert Mallet-Stevens, which conceived his most emblematic achievement with the villa. Mallet created the design of the building but he also designed the interior decoration and the gardens which surround the house.
Occupied during World War II, the villa was converted into barracks by the Germans. After the Liberation, the Cavrois had the interior layout of the villa designed by architect Pierre Barbe. Following the death of Madame Cavrois and acquired by a property developer, the mansion was set to be demolished and the park was subdivided. Classified later as a monument historique in 1990, and acquired by the State in 2001, a huge restoration project started especially in 2008 when the villa was entrusted to Centre des monuments nationaux (CMN).
CMN conducted the restoration of the interior spaces and decors (floors, wall coverings, paintwork, furniture), in order to recreate the art of living in the 20th century. CMN has also restored the park (replantation of trees, restoration of the water mirror and of original alleys) and the illumination of the park and the villa.
The villa Cavrois is now open to the public since June 2015 and is an unique place for modern architecture and design.
- Entrance ticket
- Self-guided tours with tour documents in English, French and German
- Visitor App (tour with a digital tablet)
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people and their attendant
- Unemployed people (proof required dated within the last 6 months)
Villa Cavrois, 60 Avenue du Président John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 59170 Croix
Present your ticket at the entrance of the monument.
- The e-ticket is not dated and you can use it whenever you want
- The e-ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Only luggage not exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will be accepted. Luggage and big items are not allowed.
FROM 1ST JANUARY TO 31 DECEMBER
Open every day except monday10.00-18.00
Last admission 45 mn before closing time.
1 January, 1 May, 1 & 11 November and 25 December
Combine wine and olive-oil tastings in les Baux de Provence valley with the discovery of the Roman a...
Drive on the Gineste and the Crests roads to reach the outstanding site of Cape Canaille from where ...
Start the morning with a traditional breakfast at a sidewalk café-restaurant near the Notre-Dame de ...
In this guided tour, you will visit the American cemetery with a local guide and learn about the his...
At the bend of a cliff road you'll discover a charming hilltop village: Eze, such as an eagle nest w...
Become an expert in pairing Champagne and cheese with this guided tour of DOM CAUDRON Champagne Hous...
This ticket combines a skip-the-line entrance to the Arc de Triomphe and a city tour of Paris by pan...
Get the most of Paris with this combo offer including a 1-day Big Bus pass and a Seine River dinner ...
Experience a guided tour in the most energetic, colourful, lively and cosmopolitan market of Paris: ...
The Lido de Paris present his latest Summer offer: the Soirée PLUME! This exclusive dinner-show is a...