- Taste more than 16 peruvians dishes and drinks while visiting one of the most beautiful district of Lima
- Learn how to prepare the national ceviche and pisco sour
- Discover the history and fun facts behind the food you will be tasting and the places you will be visiting
Sample more than 16 peruvians dishes and drinks in one of the most beautiful district of Lima. Take part in an interactive workshop and learn how to prepare the national ceviche and pisco sour. Discover the history and fun facts behind the food you will be tasting and the places you will be visiting.
You’ll discover the beautiful neighborhood of Barranco during this 4-hour tour. Taken along through a variety of restaurants and small businesses by your guide you’ll try ones of the most traditional local specialities.
In the course of the tour you’ll make 8 stops carefully selected, try 15 flavours of fruits, drinks and dishes and also meet small entrepreneurs. You’ll learn about their story while enjoying the best of Peruvian dishes. Get immersed by your guide in Peruvian history and culture, as every bite has a story to tell.
Although it’s very likely that you will have the chance to taste everything listed below, please note that it’s possible that the menu might slightly changes depending on seasonality and product availability. But don’t worry, you won’t feel hungry at the end of this Barranco food tour.
- Quinoa burger A healthy way to start the day
- Café pasado Coffee brewed the Peruvian way
- Lúcuma juice Lúcuma fruit juice
- Variety of fruits Depending on the season you will taste chirimoya, tuna, granadilla, aguaymanto and more
- Peruvian chocolate Premium small-batch organic chocolate
- Lomo saltado Sauteed beef tenderloin, a dish of Cantonese legacy
- Inca Kola The famous Peruvian soda that Coca Cola could never surpass
- Pisco sour Peru’s most famous cocktail, made of pisco, lima, egg white and syrup
- Causa limeña Mashed yellow potatoes seasoned with lime and ají, and filled with seafood and avocado
- Ceviche Peru’s most famous dish. Fresh raw fish cured in lime and spiced with ají
- Fried fish Local deep-fried fish perfect to pair with your ceviche
- Chicha morada Natural drink made of purple corn
- Ice cream Homemade ice cream with Peruvian flavours… There’s always room left for dessert, right?
- Tasting of 15 Peruvian savours
- Official expert guide in English
- Overview of Peru and Lima history
- Sighting of Barranco's main attractions
- Pick up and drop off in Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco
- Donation to NGO Action Against Hunger Peru ("1 tour = 1 meal" social impact partnership to fight anemia and malnutrition in Ayacucho)
- Dedicated support during your stay in Peru
- Feeling hungry – seriously!
Plaza San Francisco, Barranco at 9:30 am.
Although the tour starts at Plaza San Francisco, Barranco at 9:30 am, you will be picked up by taxi at your desired location in Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco districts (included in the price) around 9:00-9:15 am. We will follow up with you about this via email after your booking.
- We recommend not eating anything else other than a light breakfast before this food tour
- During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup
- See calendar
¡Ven a conocer los espectaculares sitios culturales de la ciudad capital de Perú, Lima! Tendremos un...
Comenzaremos nuestra exploración aprendiendo más sobre los antiguos habitantes peruanos en el Museo ...
Por la mañana saldremos hacia el santuario arqueológico de Pachacamac que se encuentra a solo 30 km ...
¡Descubre Lima en un día! Visite las partes antiguas y modernas de Lima en un recorrido por la ciuda...
Descubra Collique, su historia y la antigua cultura de la montaña junto con guías locales de la comu...
Día 1 Llegará a Mano a Mano por la tarde, justo a tiempo para una presentación en video sobre el ent...