Discover the Lisbon Story Centre, an innovative space dedicated to the history of the Portuguese capital, inspired by the wide array of facts and events that have shaped the city. Located in the newly renovated Terreiro do Paço, it has been designed as an interactive Visitor Attraction, including 6 public areas, featuring state-of-the-art technology. Inside the Story Centre, visitors dive into a fascinating journey through time via elaborate sets, multimedia and sensory experiences.
The museum offers visitors an approximately 60-minute journey across time and space of Lisbon from its early foundation (pre-ancient Roman days) to modern times, covering an area of around 2,200 square-metres. On the ground-floor, the Centre has five main exhibition areas. Each area features a story based on different episodes within Lisbon’s history, structured in chronological order, in which visitors will be “guided” by a multilingual “storyteller” in an enticing tour. The 6th exhibition area is located on the first floor, with a virtual scale model of the capital.
- Area 1 - Lisbon: Myths and Realities (depicting the River, Land, Sea and Sky; Mythological Beginnings; Colonisers and Conquerors; and the City Walls)
- Area 2 - Lisbon: Global City (comprising the Cosmopolitan City; Warehouse of the World; Beyond the Horizon; The Flying Priest; the Magnificent City; Death and Politics and the Church)
- Area 3 - November 1, 1755, All-Saints' Day (experiencing the Earthquake and the city in ruins)
- Area 4 - Pombal's Vision (the post-earthquake plan to modernise the city and its subsequent reconstruction)
- Area 5 - Terreiro do Paço (depicts the Square: Politics and Leisure)
- Area 6 - Exploring Lisbon (discovering the scale model of the Baixa Pombalina zone, with interactive multimedia devices, depicting more than a dozen of key events within the city's history)