Rua Augusta Arch Entrance Tickets
- Visit the impressive triumphal Arch and take the elevator and spiral staircase to the top
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Terreiro do Paço and downtown Lisbon
- Learn about the history of the Arch and its construction
Do not miss a visit to the triumphal Rua Augusta Arch which has always impressed those roaming Lisbon’s busiest pedestrianised street.
Now you can visit the top of this unique structure for a truly singular and impressive view of Baixa and the river. The Arc symbolises the rebirth of a new Lisbon after the tragedy of the earthquake, fire and tsunami in 1755 that razed what stood before.
In Latin, it affirms “The Virtues of the Greatest”: the strength, resilience and achievements of the Portuguese people.
At the top stand the sculptures by Célestin Anatole Calmels of Glory crowning Genius and Valour. You will be inspired by these values as you admire the best 360º panoramic views of the city.
Discover also the history of the arch during the exhibition in the Clock Room.
- Entrance ticket
Children until 5 years old: Free
Rua Augusta, Nº 2 1100-053 - Lisboa
- Note: Rua Augusta Arch is a monument that, when originally constructed, was not designed for visits. In order to make it visitable, a number of alterations have been made to its structure. These alterations have been authorized by the competent bodies, namely the DGPC - Direcção Geral do Património Cultural (General Directorate for Cultural Heritage). An elevator was installed,
- The rest of the ascent involves climbing a spiral staircase. There is no alternative access for persons with reduced mobility.
- Your ticket is valid until the 31 March 2020
- April 15th to May 15th: 9.00am - 8.00pm
- May 16th to August 31st: 9.00am - 9.00pm
- September 1st to October 31st: 9.00am - 8.00pm
- November 1st to April 14th: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Last entry 15 minutes before closing
Closed: December 25th
Enjoy a tour of Sintra, the capital of Romanticism and one of Portugal's most picturesque villages. ...
Get to know the Arrábida mountain and its charms. Come also to see Sesimbra, the Albufeira Lagoon an...
The tour leaves Lisbon around 09.00am as we head Towards Fátima. This small countryside town is well...
Meet your Around Lisbon guide at your local Lisbon hotel for your day trip to Arrábida National Park...
Sintra is mysterious and reveals itself from afar! Appreciate the glamorous village and its verdant ...
more info soon. Genres: House,Techno Lines Up: Butch Atmospheres: Wild,Live Performance Door Policie...