Shore excursion: Lisbon, the historic center and Belém
- Discover the historic center of the Portuguese capital with this guided walking tour.
- Visit Rossio, Graça, Alfama, the Tower of Belém and the Monastery of Jeronimos.
Brimming with history and charm, Lisbon is waiting to take you on a journey back to the age of discoveries, including the maze of "becos" in the historic center, the contrast between different city areas, and the charm of the ocean caressing the fortified Tower of Belém.
We'll start from Praca Dom Pedro IV, also known as Rossio Square, in the Baixa district. Destroyed by a terrible earthquake in 1755, Rossio is home to the Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II, built in 1840.
We will then move to the Graça Hill, with the Castle of São Jorge, before reaching the Alfama district. The hill offers several breathtaking views, thanks to the "miradouros"- panoramic viewpoints that present you with sweeping views of the city Here you can also admire Lisbon's Cathedral, also known as Sé. We will then visit Bairro Alto, a sixteenth-century area that is now the heart of local bohemian life.
Then we will drive to Belém, one of the must-see places for anyone who visits the Portuguese capital. We will see the Church of Santa Maria de Belém and the Monastery of Jeronimos, which with its inlaid facade and multiple spiers and towers is a perfect example of Manueline style - an ensemble of decorative late-Gothic and Renaissance motifs. Finally, in this very same area, we will see the famous fortified Belém Tower. Built in the middle of the sea and connected to the coast by a small bridge, it is - like the Monastery - a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Why buy shore excursions with Musement?
- Because a multilingual guide is guaranteed (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group experience is more personal than a large group tour
- Because ours is a real Shorexc (with capital S)
- Multilingual guides
- Admission fee to the visited sites
- Transport from/to the port
- Anything not mentioned under "Included"
- Children ages 0-2: free
- Children ages 3-10: reduced
R. da Cintura do Porto de Lisboa, 1350-352 Lisboa, Portugal
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship.
- It's recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- In order to avoid excessive crowds at some points and depending to the closing days of visited attractions, the order of visited locations may vary
- Please note: if the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund.
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
Skip the long lines for taxis and the hassle of using public transportation on arrival at Lisbon Air...
The tour leaves Lisbon around 09:00 a.m. as we head Towards Fátima. This small countryside town is w...
Do not miss a visit to the triumphal Rua Augusta Arch which has always impressed those roaming Lisbo...
Located in Belém, the Berardo Collection Museum (Museu Coleção Berardo) is the main Modern and Conte...
???????? For many, February is the month of love. For us, it is the premiere of the matinees in the ...