Secrets of UNESCO heritage: Škocjan caves and Lipica stud farm
- Admire the wonderful the UNESCO listed Škocjan caves
- Experience the original Lipica stud farm
- See the indigenous Kart horses
Discover the mysterious beauty, secret underground waters and caves at the Regional Park of the Škocjan caves, famous for natural wonders above and below ground. Over millions of years, the waters have created an underground wonderland of mysterious passages, spacious halls and an enormous, probably the biggest, subterranean canyon in the world.
A scenic road will later lead you to the Lipica stud farm. Some 400 years ago the indigenous Karst horse was refined with other breeds to meet the court and military demands of the Habsburgs. A local guide (on your own expense) will show you around the estate- the stables, serene pastures and, of course, the marvelous horses.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Škocjan caves
- Sightseeing tour of Lipica (outside)
- Entrance fee to Lipica stud farm
Grand Hotel Union Business, Miklošičeva street 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Ljubljana. Please indicate your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not select a pick-up point, you will be automatically assigned to the Grand Hotel Union Business pick-up point.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour operates every day at 8.15am
Dive right into the heart of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and discover its essence by ...
Enjoy the Karst region and travel on the Slovenian coast with a professional guide. Visit the mediev...
Visit a charming little lake with an island and a lovely medieval town. Discover an alpine paradise ...
An “Image of Paradise”, as it is often described, Bled has been attracting visitors with its breatht...
Magnificent mountains stretch as far as the eye can see, looking down on the charming town, a true w...
See the beautiful nature and learn about the rich history of Lake Bled. Board a traditional “pletna”...