Early entry Palacio Real and best of Madrid tour with rooftop panorama
- Enter the Royal Palace a full hour before the general public
- Taste tapas, wine, and olive oils at one of Madrid’s oldest Markets
- Explore the medieval heart of Madrid with an expert, English-speaking guide, including at the Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor
- End your day with one of the best views of the city from the rooftop bar of a local landmark building
- Our guides are all local experts who are fully bilingual and only give tours in English.
You’ll start near Madrid’s jaw-dropping Royal Palace where you’ll meet your guide and small group of 20 fellow travelers in the beautiful Plaza Oriente. Enter the Palace a full hour before the general public and explore opulent interiors gilded in riches from the Spanish conquest of the Americas and decorated with paintings by Caravaggio, Goya, Velázquez, and more. Your guide will tell you the history of the palace and the immensely powerful royal dynasties that once called it home.
Leaving the palace, you’ll step off the normal tourist trail and into Barrio de la Morería, where the city’s Muslim roots are still visible, and end up in one of the largest food markets in the city, the Mercado de la Cebada. Enjoy a crash course in Spanish food culture as we take you to our favorite stall to taste wine, olive oils, and small plates and learn why the Spanish custom of tapas is one of the country’s most treasured institutions.
The medieval streets of central Madrid await you next as you and learn how the city went from being an outpost of the Moorish empire to a center of Catholic power in Europe. Along the way, you’ll stop in the jaw-dropping Plaza Mayor, where heretics were once burned at the stake, and the Puerta del Sol, the focal point of the modern city.
Before you go, we have a final surprise. Popping into the lobby of the nearby Circulo de Bellas Artes, your guide will take you up to the rooftop terrace which affords jaw-dropping views over the entire city. From there they’ll point out the different neighborhoods of the city and give you plenty of recommendations for what to see, do, and eat during the rest of your stay.
- Teatro Opera (outside)
- Plaza de Oriente
- Palacio Real (inside)
- Catedral de la Almudena (outside)
- Mercado de la Cebada (inside for tapas, wine & olive oil tasting)
- Plaza della Villa (outside)
- Mercado San Miguel (outside)
- Plaza Mayor
- Puerta del Sol
- Calle Alcala
- Panoramic viewpoint
- Early access to Palacio Real (enter 1 hour before the general public)
- Tapas and 2 wines tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Expert Walks tour guide
- Tour in English only
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Infants under 4 years old are free of charge
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
This tour meets at the statue of Isabel II, in the middle of Plaza de Isabel II, at the "OPERA" Metro station. Meeting Point Directions: Arriving by Metro: Metro Ópera is on Line 2 (red line) & Line 5 (green line) of the Madrid Metro.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- The panoramic viewpoint might not be accessible during a heavy rain or wind
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside Palacio Real. Larger backpacks, umbrellas and sharp items, etc. must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the entrance to collect these after the tour part
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- 15 September 2018 - 31 October 2018: Fridays, Saturdays
- 01 November 2019 - 28 February 2019: Not running
- 01 March 2019 - 31 October 2019: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Meeting & Departure Time:
- Meeting Time: 8.30am
- Departure Time: 8.45am
Sunday 26 May, After Brunch returns to Florida Retreat this time as guest artists: Ninetoes !! - Djs...
May brings us back a new edition of one of the most danced parties of Fabrik: Cadenza Vagabundos Fes...
Sunday June 9, After Brunch returns Autocine Madrid RACE! This time next to our #afterbrunchcrew a l...
NAZCA Genres: Hits,Reggaeton Lines Up: Dj Residente Atmospheres: Urban Door Policies: Casual dress c...
Roland & E1-London presents Black Codes Genres: Tech house,Techno Lines Up: Christian Varela,Ken Ish...
Cocoon lands in FABRIK on Saturday, June 15 from 5:00 p.m. A brand in the electronics industry does ...