Toledo and the Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen tour from Madrid
- Visit some of the most important sights near Madrid: El Escorial and the Basilica of the Valley of The Fallen
- Discover the beauty of Toledo: the City of the Three Cultures
Combine 2 half-day tours!
In this tour you will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site; and the Valley of the Fallen, a basilica that stands out for its gigantic size.
- Royal Monastery of El Escorial: You will start our visit at El Escorial, symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, it had been considered for years the eighth wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
- Basilica of The Valley of the Fallen: Located 9 km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 meters of altitude, where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent landscape of Madrid’s mountain range.
In the afternoon, you will depart to Toledo. Discover the City of the Three Cultures! Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the City of the Three Cultures, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also home to the great painter El Greco.
Itinerary: Once in Toledo we will begin our tour visiting the outside of the Cathedral, shortly after we will go to the interior of the St. Tomé Church and see The Burial of the Lord of Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco. After that we will visit interior of the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and finally we will see the interior of the incredible monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. Once these visits are finished we will go to a demonstration of the famous technique of damascened (inlay of precious metals in steel). Once finished the demonstration you have free time to buy something if you want. We will conclude the tour with a Panoramic Sightseeing of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint with breathtaking views of the city for taking the best pictures of Toledo.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual official guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrances to the monuments included in the tour of Toledo as detailed: Church of St. Tomé, Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca and Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
- Infants (0-5 years): free (meals and consumptions not included)
- Children (6-15 years): reduced
- Senior (+65): reduced
Calle San Nicolás, 13, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Julia Travel office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (Next to Plaza de Ramales)
- The tour ends at Bus Parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- April to October: Tuesday to Sunday
- November to March: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Departure Time: 8.45am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared a World Heritage Site by ...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
Upon arrival we will start with a panoramic walking tour of Toledo, entering the old quarters to vis...
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities aroun...
This tour give you the opportunity to discover the charming town of Toledo with a guide. When you ar...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
The iVenture Madrid Card is a smart card that includes the main cultural and leisure options, in add...
In this walking tour you will discover the essence of Madrid, the places you cannot miss when you vi...
Enjoy an authentic flamenco masterclasss at one of the best tablaos flamencos in Madrid!The artist i...
Discover in this walking tour the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period ...