Day tour of Essaouira from Marrakech
- Beautiful fishing Port and Medina
- See Moulay El-Hassan Square
- Grand Mosque and the Jewish Quarter
- Museum Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah
Spend the day exploring Essaouira from Marrakech. Formerly known as Mogador, Essaouira is reminiscent of an age when Spain, Portugal and England struggled to control their coasts. It is home to a traditional Portuguese harbor with fine examples of Moorish and Portuguese art. Famous for its fine wood-work, Essaouira is also home to the silver souk (commercial quarter), art galleries and islands.
Essaouira was discovered by the Phoenicians who settled there. Afterwards it was conquered by Rome and Portugal. By the end of the 15th century, the Portuguese had built the commercial and military port of Mogador (Essaouira today). This port is built at the foot of the city's ramparts. In 1769, the Navy built o door to connect the loading docks of the port to the city. From this door a small bridge leads to Skala Port and the ramparts that cut the old city into serveral districts.
In the medina, see Moulay El-Hassan Square, the Grand Mosque and Siaghine Alley. From the terrace of the north Bastion you can access the marquetry, where the Morocco's best marqueteurs work on cedar.
As you leave the confines of Skala, you will follow Derb Laalouj street to the Museum Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah. Here musical instruments, local Andalusian songs, Berber Imazighen documents, weapons, costumes, carpets, and more is displayed in the former residence of the Pasha. Located in the north of the city is the “Mellah”. This Jewish Quarter is crossed by the traditional Rue Mohammed Zerktouni. It is bordered by a market that extends to Bab Doukkala. During your stay, you will also be able to enjoy beautiful beaches full of sun year-round!
- Hotel pick-up from centrally located hotels in the Gueliz and Hivernage areas
- Lunch (Available at own cost)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children under 2 years old are free
- Children 2-12 years old : reduced
L'horloge, Rue Abdellah Chefchaouni, Essaouira, Morocco
See email confirmation. Hotel pick-up is organised from centrally located hotels in the Gueliz and Hivernage areas.
- Hotel pickup is included for hotels located in Marrakech. Please make sure you are at the reception at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time. For all other customers outside the hotel pickup area, departure point is in front of the Grayline office (Residence Yasmine, Majorelle, Boulevard Moulay Abdlah, Mag n 5, Marrakech). Please be at the departure point at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time
- A valid passport or other identify card is required
- Please confirm your tour 48 hours prior by calling or emailing
- Mobile vouchers are accepted on smatphones or ipads as well as printed vouchers. Please make sure you have a valid ID with you on the day of the tour
- As a general guideline your shoulders, chest, and knees should be covered at all times. Wearing shorts (men or women), low-cut tops, and showing midriff is not recommended as it will restrict your entry into buildings of a religious nature and family homes. Covering these parts of your body will be considered as respectful amongst the locals
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
When travelling to Morocco, you might want to see a more authentic side of the country. Enjoy a pick...
Discover the relaxed, bohemian seaside resort of Essaouira on a full-day guided tour from Marrakech....
Visit the fabulous Ouzoud falls (330 feet), one of Morocco's exceptional destinations!Enjoy a wonder...
At a palm-grove near Marrakech, come experience a magical, majestic, authentic and unforgettable din...
Marrakech is one of the most famous cities in Morocco and it is a real maze of narrow streets and so...
With this full-day tour from Marrakech, discover one of Morocco’s natural wonders the Ouzoud Waterfa...
Day 1: Marrakech/ Ouarzazate After a pick-up from your hotel in Marrakech, you will travel to Ouarza...
Explore Essaouira, home to a traditional Portuguese harbor filled with Moorish and Portuguese art, i...
Kick off your Essaouira tour under the iconic clocktower to begin a journey back in time and traditi...
Dig deeper into the food and culture of this enchanting city than most tourists get to.After meeting...