Sassi of Matera last minute tour with a private guide
- Discover a real hidden gem of Italy and of the entire world
- Get to know the story and the legends behind this picturesque and truly unique city
- Visit the most famous "Sassi" in a real open-air museum!
- Explore the places where some famous movies were made, like Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"
Book this 2.5 hours private walking tour to discover the most important part of the Sassi of Matera, the famous rocks that strongly chacarterize this town. You'll see Sasso Caveoso, Piano area, Sasso Barisano, then visit the cellars, the natural caves, the cisterns, the baroque Romanesque churches and the Rupestrian churches.
Follow the steps of your expert guide through the places where some famous movies were made. For instance, you'll see the locations of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" and not only!
Did you know that the "City of Stones" is considered one of the oldest in the world? Matera is an authentic open-air museum.
A city that lies on a rocky ridge, divided into the Sasso Caveoso and Sasso Barisano. An unmissable sightseeing experience!
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- food & drinks
- entrance fees to museums/attractions (in case you decide to visit any of them in particular)
Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Matera, Italy
Meet your guide in front of the newsstand in Piazza Vittorio Veneto
- Please note that this tour does not include any entrance ticket – in case you want to visit any particular site you'll have to buy the ticket on the spot
- every day at 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 3 pm and 4 pm
Lecce, the Baroque masterpiece of southern Italy, described as the "Florence of the Baroque" or the ...
Ostuni, a typical village in the province of Brindisi located on the foothills of the Murge plateau,...
PASSIONS History, Culture, Art, Legends of the territory, Living HistoryWE WARMLY WELCOME Tourists w...
PASSIONS Craftsmanship, Medieval frescoes, Rocky churches, particular traditions of Matera and tasti...
PASSIONS The passion for the local traditions linked to myths and legends will help you discover anc...
Explore beautiful Matera, the “Subterranean City,” on foot during a 2-hour private walking tour. Dis...