This exceptional oratory represents one of the most ancient testimonies of rock art of Southern Italy. This extraordinary cycle of frescoes, made five hundred years before Giotto, highlights the typical characteristics of Benedictine-Benevento art, stylistically summarized by the Lombard cultural climate (VIII-IX century). Due to the theological and artistic value of the pictorial compendium, the cave church has been called the Sistine Chapel of cave wall painting.
Tour with transfer to the Crypt of Original Sin
Language: English , Italian , German
Availability: Every day
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Do this because
- Visit the Crypt of Original Sin and take in its impressive natural beauty
- Enjoy a tasting of local products
What to expect
- Entrance fees to cultural visits
- Tour guise
- Map of the Sassi di Matera
What's not included
- Tasting fee
Via Alessandro Volta number 3.
What to remember
- The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours
- The tour package requires a minimum of 5 participants
- Every day, flexible timetable (please check the calendar)
Agenzia Martulli Viaggi
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.