If you are a fan of wildlife, especially birds, this 3-4 hour bird-watching tour is surely one that you should not miss. Starting the tour at the museum, your guide will let you in on the island's history and its life connection with the birds that live there. You can also continue exploring the museum freely until it's your time to visit the Ebony Forest, home of the six regional and very unique birds. With the option of hiking or taking the safari jeep, you will explore about 1-6 kilometers of the area along the walkway in the Flycatcher Forest as you learn about the importance of ebony wood. You will also see beautiful and unique birds like Pink Pigeon, Echo Parakeet, Mauritius Paradise Flycatcher, Mauritius Black Bulbul, Mauritius Kestrel, and Grey-white eyed birds.
Mauritius Ebony Forest and bird watching tour
Language: English , French
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Enjoy a 3-4 hour forest and bird watching tour along Flycather Forest
- Have two options of the tour with or without transfer
- See beautiful and unique 6 regional birds that make the forest their home
What to expect
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if transfer option is chosen)
- If you choose option without transfer, the meeting point is Chamarel MU, 90409, Mauritius
- If you choose option with transfer, you will be picked up from your hotels in Chamarel. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable shoes, a jacket, bring a bottle of water, and a camera
- This activity runs with a minimum of 2 adults
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 36 hours before the activity begins.