Navigation Service from Stresa to Isola Madre and Isola Bella
- Explore the most evocative islands in the Borromean archipelago
- Use the comfortable and fast navigation service of the CMA company
- You can reach the Borromean Islands from Stresa
- Choose between two route options: Stresa, Isola Madre and Isola Bella or Stresa, Isola Madre, Isola Bella and Pescatori Island
Reach the Borromean Islands from Stresa, in the Piedmont (less than 90 km from Milan), a small town with an enchanting landscape which is also the most convenient location to reach the Borromean Islands by lake. With thirty years of experience in navigating the waters of Lake Maggiore, the CMA company (Union of Associated Motorboat drivers -unscheduled public transport) offers a fast and secure roundtrip navigation service from Stresa to Isola Bella through Isola Madre on a state of the art fleet equipped with every modern convenience.
Isola Bella and Isola Madre are the most evocative islands in the Borromean archipelago, whose name goes back to the lineage of powerful landowners who acquired the property in the fourteenth century. That's how these lake reefs were transformed into beautiful baroque palaces surrounded by lush gardens.
Isola Bella is an extraordinary place, where flower gardens adorn architectural treasures. Transformed from rocks into a flowering oasis, the island is entirely occupied by the Italian style garden of Palazzo Borromeo, a Baroque masterpiece suspended on the waters of Lake Maggiore.
Isola Madre is the largest island in Lake Maggiore, known worldwide for its beautiful botanical gardens, which are characterized by the presence of rare and exotic plant species. Also worth visiting is the Palazzo Borromeo, with tastefully furnished halls that preserve valuable works of art.
For only €0.50 cents more, you can also travel to Isola dei Pescatori, the only inhabited island of the entire archipelago!
- Round-trip navigation service from Stresa to Isola Bella through Isola Madre and Isola dei Pescatori
- Entrance ticket to Isola Bella and Isola Madre
- Landing fee
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
- Landing fee to be paid directly upon arrival: 2 islands 1.00€ per person, Children 0-6 free
Piazza Marconi - Stresa
Boarding at the CMA desk in front of the Palma and Astoria hotels.
- Navigation is available only under favorable lake conditions; in case of bad weather the departure is not guaranteed
- For all options, the route is fixed and cannot be changed: Stresa - Isola Madre - Isola dei Pescatori - Isola Bella
- From March 23 to October 21, 2018
- First departure from Stresa at 9:00am, final return from Isola Bella at 6:00pm
- The last departure from Stresa to Madre Island is at 12:00pm
- For the visit of the three islands it is recommended boarding from Stresa by 12.30pm
- Routes every 20 minutes
- All other detailed timetables will be announced on board.
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Wednesday 4 March 2020 From 22:00 Jazz: Re: Found presents Lettuce at Santeria Social Club Milan Gen...
Saturday 7 December 2019 from 23.30 AMNESIA milano welcomes Boris Brejcha >> Tickets Online: Buy now...
Saturday 30 November 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano welcomes KNTXT w / Charlotte de Witte Monoloc...
New Year's Eve 2020 - Hollywood Rhythmoteque is glad to invite you to celebrate the end of 2019 with...
Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano in collaboration with Big Family New Era we...