- Explore the most evocative islands in the Borromean archipelago
- Use the comfortable and fast navigation service of the CMA company
- You can reach the Borromean Islands from Stresa
- Choose between two route options: Stresa, Isola Madre and Isola Bella or Stresa, Isola Madre, Isola Bella and Pescatori Island
Reach the Borromean Islands from Stresa, in the Piedmont (less than 90 km from Milan), a small town with an enchanting landscape which is also the most convenient location to reach the Borromean Islands by lake. With thirty years of experience in navigating the waters of Lake Maggiore, the CMA company (Union of Associated Motorboat drivers -unscheduled public transport) offers a fast and secure roundtrip navigation service from Stresa to Isola Bella through Isola Madre on a state of the art fleet equipped with every modern convenience.
Isola Bella and Isola Madre are the most evocative islands in the Borromean archipelago, whose name goes back to the lineage of powerful landowners who acquired the property in the fourteenth century. That's how these lake reefs were transformed into beautiful baroque palaces surrounded by lush gardens.
Isola Bella is an extraordinary place, where flower gardens adorn architectural treasures. Transformed from rocks into a flowering oasis, the island is entirely occupied by the Italian style garden of Palazzo Borromeo, a Baroque masterpiece suspended on the waters of Lake Maggiore.
Isola Madre is the largest island in Lake Maggiore, known worldwide for its beautiful botanical gardens, which are characterized by the presence of rare and exotic plant species. Also worth visiting is the Palazzo Borromeo, with tastefully furnished halls that preserve valuable works of art.
For only €0.50 cents more, you can also travel to Isola dei Pescatori, the only inhabited island of the entire archipelago!
- Round-trip navigation service from Stresa to Isola Bella through Isola Madre and Isola dei Pescatori
- Entrance ticket to Isola Bella and Isola Madre
- Landing fee
- Children 6-14 years old: reduced fee
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
- Landing fee to be paid directly upon arrival: 2 islands 1.00€ per person, Children 0-6 free
Piazza Marconi - Stresa
Boarding at the CMA desk in front of the Palma and Astoria hotels.
- Navigation is available only under favorable lake conditions; in case of bad weather the departure is not guaranteed
- For all options, the route is fixed and cannot be changed: Stresa - Isola Madre - Isola dei Pescatori - Isola Bella
- From March 23 to October 21, 2018
- First departure from Stresa at 9:00am, final return from Isola Bella at 6:00pm
- The last departure from Stresa to Madre Island is at 12:00pm
- For the visit of the three islands it is recommended boarding from Stresa by 12.30pm
- Routes every 20 minutes
- All other detailed timetables will be announced on board.
Reach the Borromean Islands from the Piedmont town of Stresa (less than 90 km from Milan), a small t...
You’ve just walked past all the people waiting in line. Welcome to one of the world’s most celebrate...
A forgotten history links Leonardo da Vinci to the city of Milan: the story of a vineyard. This is t...
Milan’s Cathedral, also called the Duomo of Milan, is found in the center of the city and is a stunn...
The fifteenth-century Sforza Castle was commissioned by Francesco Sforza, the former Duke of Milan. ...
Let yourself be captivated by the splendid landscapes of one of the most suggestive areas of Italy: ...
Take advantage of this convenient Trenord train + boat package to discover the largest and most char...
Discover the most beautiful locations and landscapes in Lombardy with Trenord. The Discovery Train i...
Have an unforgettable experience walking inside the Duomo Cathedral, an iconic building in Milan, th...
Meet your private driver at your hotel in Milan and transfer to Langhe countryside (2hr driving), pa...