The bike ride takes you into the heart of Kenyan life. Leaving Diani, you begin the ride through the forest paths. The Digo village will be the first stop, where you can see the typical native villages and their lifestyle. The second stop will be at a self-help primary school, and if you desire it will be a nice idea to have small gifts of books, pens, or sweets to leave to the children. You will then continue towards a village community of simple homesteads; following, don't miss the stop at the local Mganga (which is the Swahili name for a witch doctor); they are good in dealing with healings and herbal treatments, yet they don't cast spells. The ride continues at the Ukunda rural market where you can join local shoppers and taste fresh coconut and the coconut wine. You will then head back home.
Diani cultural bike tour
Language: English , Italian , French , German
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 4 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Live the local vibe as you cycle through the Diani area
- Spark your kids' imagination taking them on a beautiful bike ride
- Learn first hand about the tradition and culture
What to expect
- Guided tour
- Bicycle and helmet
Pick-up service is available
What to remember
- The duration of the tour may vary due to weather and traffic conditions
- Please contact the local operator 48 hours before the tour to confirm you pick-up location and time. You will find the contacts in the voucher after booking
- At the time of the booking, you will be asked to select your pick-up location from the list provided. Each pick-up location has a different pick-up time so please refer only to the time indicated next to the location you select. If your location/hotel does not appear on the drop-down menu, please enter the address in the related field. In this case you will need to contact the local operator to confirm your pick-up time.
Pollmans Tours & Safaris Ltd
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience