Communist Moscow walking tour
- Discover hidden chapters of Soviet history from the Great October Revolution to Perestroika
- Pass the infamous headquarters of the KGB
- Visit Solovetsky Stone, a memorial to the victims of political repression
- See the iconic Bolshoi Theatre
For more than 70 years Moscow was the capital of the immense Soviet empire. The streets of the city still contain remnants of the communist regime, Cold War and the fearsome Soviet strongholds that still guard Russia's young democracy.
On the Communist Moscow walking tour, you will see the infamous headquarters of the KGB also known as Lubyanka, Revolution Square and the city's last Karl Marx monument, the Bolshoi theatre and the USSR's first McDonalds.
Discover hidden chapters of the Soviet history from the Great October Revolution and Perestroika to Lenin and Gorbachev. Your expert guide will discuss the Great Terror under Stalin, the GULAG system, the secret KGB prison and day-to-day life for citizens of the Soviet Union.
During your Communist Moscow walking tour you'll see:
- Ex-KGB Headquarters on Lubyanka
- Solovetsky Stone, a memorial to the victims of political repression
- Bolshoi Theatre
- The Gulag Museum (without visiting)
- Tverskaya St, the main street of the city
- Eliseevsky Gastronum, the most important grocery store of USSR
- Walking tour and guide
- Visit to Eliseevsky Gastronum
- Admission to the sights
- Students: reduced price with a valid student ID
Myasnitskaya Ulitsa, 6, Moskva, Russia, 101000
Take the Red Line metro to Lubyanka and use exit 9 or 10. Your guide will meet you in the Lubyanka Square, right outside the metro station (next to the St. Regis hotel). If you prefer to walk, it's only 5 minutes from Red Square.
- Daily at 5.30pm
If you want to understand Moscow's local culture then you should experience it yourself, and discove...
With your Moscow CityPass card, you'll save up to 70% when you visit the city's museums, sights and ...
The Kremlin Cathedral Square is the unique complex dated XV-XVI centuries. It was originally used as...
The Arbat Street in Moscow is an old pedestrian street that used to be an important trade route. Tod...
Admire views of the Russian capital from the highest residential skyscraper in Europe and the OKO co...
Este tour panorámico en Moscú es la mejor forma de conocer la ciudad en la comodidad de un vehículo....