Half day Muscat City Tour
- Admire the Grand Mosque, an architectural marvel
- Visit the fish market and the folkloric Muttrah souk
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Freedom to organize the experience the way you want it
Muscat is a beautiful city which lies in a maze of brown pleated Mountains.
Your visit starts with a drive through the ministries' area, where you can see a number of modern buildings with touches of ancient, Islamic architecture. Your first stop will be the Grand Mosque, which is an architectural marvel and perhaps the new landmark of the city. You will then visit the fish market and the folkloric Muttrah souk, with its narrow covered alleys where you can smell exotic aromas of mounds of spices, coffee beans, and ancient remedies, all enticing perfumes that fill the air.
Next, engage in a visit to the Bait Al Zubair Museum, which has a fine exhibit of Omani history and culture, encompassing all of the areas traditional values.
You will also have a photo-stop at the magnificent Al Alam Palace (the official residence of Sultan Qaboos) flanked by the twin Portuguese forts of Mirani & Jalali. Tour will end in Mutrah souk & then transfer back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Multilingual audio guide in English, Spanish, German, Italian and French
- Entrance fees to Bait Al Zubair
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick up and Drop off from your City Hotel in Muscat.
The Gray Line staff will pick you up in most of the major hotels in Muscat. The pick-up time varies between 1 hour to 15 minutes before the start of the tour at Gray Line terminal ( Dubai Internet City Metro ). Be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time provided.
- Supplement Pickup: $15 per person for Hotels after the Airport
- Audio guides available in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian
- IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Smoking is prohibited in all vehicles
- Before Photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Men visiting the Mosque should wear long trousers
- Ladies visiting the Mosque are required to cover their head with a scarf and do not wear shorts, beachwear or sleeveless outfits as they are to be fully covered
- The vehicle would arrive at any time in between the said timings unless due to any unavoidable circumstances such as traffic conditions, mishap or in case of any other delay
- The vehicle would wait at the maximum for 5 minutes for the guest, so as the other guests at the next pick up location are not delayed
- Every day (except Fridays)
- Tour Starting Time: 09.00 am
The tour begins by driving through the beautiful embassy quarter of Muscat en route to Sultan Qaboos...
Hop aboard our Sunset Dhow cruise, where you will enjoy a beautifully panoramic view of the coast of...
Start your tour from Shatti Al-Qurum, Muscat's diplomatic district, and take off for exploring wonde...
You'll start in the morning at 9 am to drive to the historic town of Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital....
This full-day tour will take you through the mountainous and desert landscape. You will pass the coa...
You will start the tour passing by the Royal Opera, a massive monument ordered by the Sultan himself...
We start with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al ...
Have the best of your stay in Muscat and arrange your private airport transfer in advance. Let your ...
Enjoy a traditional culinary experience at the sophisticated Al Bustan Palace, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel ...
Al Angham is a breathtaking dining location with elegant and intricate ceilings and woodwork. It is ...