Cemetery and Voodoo walking tour
- Visit St. Louis Cemetery and hear stories of people buried there
- Learn about the evolution of Voodoo
- See the tomb of the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans
Walk through St. Louis Cemetery on this tour of a "City of the Dead". Visit the tomb of the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans and learn about the evolution of Voodoo, which is still practiced today.
Let your licensed guide tell you the background of the famous and infamous people who are buried there. See the tombs of various "societies”, and learn about the unique above-ground burial customs.
Find out what “Gris-Gris” means and discover the mysterious ingredients in your souvenir “Gris-Gris” bag.
- Climate controlled transportation to and from the cemetery
- Tomb of Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans
- Guided tour
- Optional gratuities
- Children ages 6-12: reduced
- Children ages 0-5: free
400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Please exchange your printed voucher before the tour at the Lighthouse Ticket Office at 400 Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River, behind the JAX Brewery. The ticket office is directly in front of the Steamboat Natchez.
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes
- During warmer months, please wear lightly colored clothing; caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested
- 1 January - 29 february: Daily at 9.00am
- 1 March - 31 October: Monday to Saturday at 9.00am, 10.30am and 1.30pm. Sunday at 9.00am and 10.30am
- 1 November - 31 December: Monday to Saturday at 9.00am and 1.30pm. Sunday at 9.00am
- Please exchange your voucher 15 minutes in advance
Take an eye-opening look into American history and visit 2 out of 3 prominent plantation homes along...
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will r...
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
On the grounds of Oak Alley, enjoy a sumptuous Plantation Country Brunch featuring Crawfish Etouffee...
Hop on "Santa's bus” for a narrated tour to New Orleans’ City Park, one of the ten largest urban par...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...