Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom-built swamp boat. Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun joie de vivre. After a short motorcoach ride across the Mississippi river, you will:
- Take a fascinating boat trip into the Louisiana swamps and bayous
- Discover how the seafood from Louisiana provides a wide assortment of delectable local dishes
- Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes.
- See how some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year
- Learn why the wetlands are disappearing due to coastal erosion and man’s efforts to correct the damage it has done and restore this vital habitat
- See some typical sights so bring your camera to capture the “bon temps” (good times) on the bayou