Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of south Louisiana with professional guides.
On this tour you will:
- Visit the Destrehan Plantation, established in 1787, the oldest documented French Colonial-style house in the Lower Mississippi Valley
- Tour this majestic antebellum plantation home which watches over the banks of the Mississippi River, only a few minutes upriver from New Orleans
- Learn more about the history of the Destrehan family’s sugar dynasty, historic events that occurred at this site, and the unique architectural features of the plantation
- See costumed artisans who will give you an insight into long-forgotten skills that were a vital part of everyday life centuries ago
- Ride to the Manchac Swamp where you will cruise through a privately-owned wildlife refuge, home to the legend of “Rougarou”, the Cajun werewolf
- Maybe not find the “Rougarou”, but you’ll get up close and personal with some alligators in an area where time seems to stand still