Full day tour to Erice and Segesta from Palermo with lunch in olive oil farm
- Visit Erice, an important religious site associated with the goddess Venus
- A delicious lunch in a local olive oil farmhouse to taste genuine dishes
- Explore Segesta, one of the major cities of the ancient indigenous Elymian people
- Taste the famous marzipan, almond & pistachio pastries
Leave Palermo early in the morning to reach western Sicily and Erice uptown. This medieval town was settled by the Elymians as an important religious site that has akways been associated with the goddess Venus. Wander through its ancient streets, then stop for a minute and visit one of the many homemade pastry shops, famous worldwide for marzipan candies as well as for other delicacies like almond and pistachio pastries.
Get back on board to continue your journey and head to the famous Saltpans, where the ancient tradition of harvesting salt from the sea is still practiced. Then, reach an olive oil factory-farmhouse to enjoy a light lunch; included is a delicious tasting of local food delicacies such as cheese, cold meats, olives, local bread served with their homemade olive oil.
After lunch, travel to Segesta, one of the major cities of the ancient indigenous Elymian people, where you will have the chance to visit the unfinished Doric temple (please note that admission fee is not included). This temple dated back from the late 5th century BC and was built on a hilltop just outside the ancient city. Don't miss the opportunity to take in the wonderful view of the surrounding area. The visit to Segesta Temple will be independent. We will then return to Palermo.
- Light lunch at olive oil factory in Erice
- Vehicle/coach with air conditioning
- English speaking staff
- All visits & tasting as per itinerary
- Gratuities & tips
- Beverages not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Admission fees
No reductions available
Piazza Ruggiero Settimo, 16, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
Piazza Ruggero Settimo 15 in Palermo (between Hotel Politeama and Prada store)
- Departure from Palermo.
- This tour is operated only with a Driver-Escort up to 7/8 people. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. Licensed Tourist Guide: are the only professionals, with a Regional license, permitted to conduct visits and tours in all sites and museums within a city. The Driver Escort cannot escort people inside the monuments because this is not allowed by Italian law. However, he has the competences to promote the most important highlights providing basic historical & cultural information.
- Please note: the price of this tour does not include the Admission Fees.
- Our agency does not discriminate in any way based on religion, race/national origin, political affiliation or any other factors. We reserve the right to expel from the tour any participant whose behavior toward other participants obviously does not conform to this policy. It is important that our tours be undertaken in a social environment which creates a friendly, memorable experience for all participants.
Operated on Tuesdays and Saturdays from Palermo
The tour will start from the meeting point located in Palermo city center. The driver will pick you ...
Discover Palermo, the chief town of Sicily, with an open-top, hop-on hop-off bus tour!Start from the...
The cloister belonging to the Benedictine Abbey of S. Maria la Nuova, founded in 1174 at the behest ...
This is the first street food tour ever launched in Sicily. A relaxing 3hr walk with a young license...
This tour will give you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible visit of Agrigento, home to an archa...
Palermo walking tour, half day or an entire day to discover Palermo, Capital of Culture 2018, accomp...
This private tour, lasting for about 3.5 hours, will give you the opportunity to explore the culture...
La Zisa, costruita nel XII secolo, fu concepita durante la dominazione normanna in Sicilia. La sua f...
This tour starts from Marina of Villa Igiea at about 9.30 am in the morning and 3.30 pm in the after...
This boat tour starts at 10.30 am near the harbor of Igiea Marina with a welcome drink for all our g...