Palermo private tour in the footsteps of the Normans
- Explore Palermo from a different perspective, following the footsteps of the Normans
- Visit the beautiful Cathedral with its royal tombs, the crypt and the treasure room
- Walk through Piazza della Vittoria and spot the mosaics of the Roman villa
- See the Royal Palace and Palatine Chapel, the political and cultural symbol of the Norman kingdom in Palermo
Through this 3-hour walking tour you will have the chance to visit, with a private guide, the beautiful city of Palermo from a fascinating historical perspective. You will follow the footsteps of the Norman kings who lived and reigned here during the 11th century.
In particular, your guide will take you inside the Cathedral of Palermo to visit the crypt and the treasure room. You'll then walk to the Cassaro alto and to Piazza della Vittoria, where you can still see some of the mosaics of the Roman villa.
Your guide will then show you San Giovanni degli Eremiti (from the outside) and after that you'll have the chance to enjoy a visit inside the Royal Palace and the Palatine Chapel, the political and cultural center of the Norman kingdom in Palermo.
FYI: please note that for the Cathedral (€5) and the Royal Palace (€8.50) you need to buy the tickets on the spot. The other attractions can be visited for free.
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- entrance tickets to the Cathedral (€5) and the Royal Palace (€8.50)
Porta Nuova, Via Vittorio Emanuele, Palermo
- please note that the tickets to visit the Cathedral and the Royal Palace are not included, but you can easily buy them on the spot (€ 13.50 in total)
- please consider that security checks to visit the Royal Palace have been intensified. Objects deemed dangerous are retained and not returned, so please avoid bringing along any scissors, multi-purpose boxcutters and similar tools
- from Tuesday to Saturday at 9 am, 10 am and 11 am
Join this walking tour in Palermo's historical city center to learn about the Mafia and the civil an...
The Selinunte Tour will allow you to experience the best of Sicily. Located on the south-west coast ...
This private tour, lasting for about 3.5 hours, will give you the opportunity to explore the culture...
The cloister belonging to the Benedictine Abbey of S. Maria la Nuova, founded in 1174 at the behest ...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Palermit...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...