Priority tickets for the Sainte Chapelle and Conciergerie
- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Enjoy direct access to the monument
- Discover a symbol of the French Revolution
- Visit the prison where Marie-Antoinette was imprisoned
- Sainte Chapelle extensive 13th-century stained glass collection
Abandoned at the end of the 14th century by the Kings of France, the Palais de la Cité consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle.
The Conciergerie took on a judicial role after the Kings left and part of the palace was converted into prison cells where hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were emprisoned before getting guillotined. Its most famous prisoner was Marie-Antoinette and during the Restoration, a commemorative chapel was erected on the site of her cell: the Sainte Chapelle. Along with the Conciergerie, the Sainte-Chapelle is one of the earliest surviving buildings of the Capetian royal palace on the Île de la Cité and is considered among the highest achievements of the Rayonnant period of Gothic architecture.
Temporary exhibition at the Conciergerie:
16 October 2019 - 26 January 2020
Marie-Antoinette, Metamorphoses of an image
The exhibition will illustrate the many representations of Marie-Antoinette through almost 200 works, artifacts, heritage and contemporary archives, never-before-seen interviews, film extracts, and fashion accessories, and shine a light on this worldwide phenomenon of media overkill through both a historic approach and a critical and comparative examination of forms.
- Priority entrance ticket for Sainte Chapelle and Conciergerie
- Temporary exhibition (if any)
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
10 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of the monuments located on Boulevard du Palais. Nearest metro stop: Cité (line 4).
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- Open ticket valid until 31st December 2020
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted.
- The Conciergerie
Open every day
9.30am - 6.00pm
- The Sainte Chapelle
Open every day
9.00am - 17.00pm
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
If you want to experience a moment of eternity, between sky and sea, visit the beautiful Mont Saint-...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...