Guided tour of the ancient city of Petra
- Explore the extraordinary historical city of Petra
- Marvel at the rock-carved monuments of the ancient town
- Enjoy learning the history of the city from a local English-speaking guide
Start your journey by being picked up from your accommodation in the Dead Sea area and be ready to explore the antiquities of beautiful Petra. The entrance to the city is a breathtaking one kilometer gorge of the Siq you will walk through and where you will see the golden dazzling colors of the rock formations around you. You will witness the monuments carved into the pink rock facades by the Nabateans trader population over 2000 years ago while proving their extraordinary engineering skills as well as the trading ones. You will then admire the temple of Al Khazneh and you will be overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the valley and architectural features. Amongst the beautiful landscape, you can discover the elaborate rock-cut tombs ornated with intricate carvings, or the magnificent Roman-style theater, the sacrificial altars and amazing streets surrounded by colonnades. The Ad Deir Monastery and the panoramic view you can get from there will leave you out of breath. You will also continue learning about Petra's history at Archaeological Museum and Nabataean Museum.
End the day at small traditional souvenir stalls set up by the artisans of Wady Musa or relax at a nearby Bedouin settlement before being dropped off at your hotel.
- Pick-up/drop-off service in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English speaking driver
- Entrance fees to Petra, horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq, English-speaking guide from the visitors’ center to Qasr Al Bint
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Child (2-11): 50% discount from adult price
There are two pick-up options available:
- your accommodation in Amman or in the Dead Sea area
- Aqaba port/hotel (if the port is your pick-up spot, please also provide the cruise ship name and arrival time when booking)
IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking.
- It is recommended to carry your personal passport. In specific, visitors that are arriving on a cruise at Aqaba port need to leave their passport details when booking.
- Daily, pick-up time: 08.00am
- Please note that if you are arriving on a cruise at Aqaba port the pick-up time varies according to your arrival time
Enjoy a comfortable pick-up service at your hotel in Amman, and then journey to the historical city ...
Enjoy a comfortable pick-up service at the location of your choice in Aqaba and begin your ride to W...
On this tour of Petra you will discover a city that is surrounded by the rust coloured mountains. Wi...
Discover the ancient jewel in Jordan’s crown on this private day trip to Petra from Aqaba. Visit the...
Meet the driver at your hotel in Amman or at the Amman airport, and then enjoy sweeping views of the...
Spend 4 hours in the house of a local family in Amman and enjoy an authentic Jordanian dinner. From ...