Devil’s Trail guided hiking tour
- Hike down the so-called Devil’s Trail
- Challenge yourself on the eco-trail meant for experienced hikers
- Enjoy the diverse terrain, waterfalls and interesting rock formations
Follow the most thrilling eco-trail in Bulgaria. Start by going through Borino village and cross the Chatak Dere river towards a centuries-old forest. The trail is secured and marked with directions, and there are benches and designated rest stops along the way.
The trail leads to the so-called Devil’s Bridge – a rock formation in the shape of an arch, caused by the constant flow of the river through this area over the course of centuries. Trekkers pass under the Devil’s Bridge and through the narrow parts of the gorge via wooden platforms attached to the side of the cliff. The steps are perfectly safe, but steep as they run up the side of the canyon, offering an exhilarating view of the turbulent river right beneath the platform.
Move on from the Devil’s Bridge and head further down the trail towards the beautiful, cascading Hidden Waterfalls. Further down you’ll pause by a small drinking fountain. The rest of the trail takes you to the alternative, southern starting point, where Chatak Dere river meets Buynovska river. Yagodina cave is near this point of the trail.
- Hiking tour
- Appropriate gear
Ramada hotel, bul. "Tsar Boris III Obedinitel" 120, 4000 Tsentar, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
You can select a pick-up point at the time of booking or arrange it after receiving the booking confirmation.
- It’s named the Devil’s Trail for a reason. This trail is only suitable for experienced and physically fit hikers. It involves steep terrain, high places and stair climbing. Comfortable shoes are a must. Wearing a sunhat is advisable
- The whole trail is 14 km long
- Tour runs daily between 11.00am and 1.00pm
- You can request to start the tour at your preferred time
- After your booking confirmation, you need to contact the tour provider to confirm your starting time
The Old Town of Plovdiv is an architectural museum, offering a glimpse of what the city was like in ...
Begin the tour with the famous Old Town of Plovdiv. Continue down Stramna street, also known as the ...
Start your tour from Vasil Levski Museum, where you can admire artworks related to his life and lega...
Enjoy a fun-charged night at a traditional salsa club, where the local Salsa experts practice and sh...
Start the tour by visiting an artisan bakery where you will try banitsa, which is a pastry filled wi...
Go kayaking downstream in quick-flowing waters, feel the rush of adrenaline and enjoy the nature. Fe...