Join this experience and enjoy a birdwatching tour in the Abicada lagoon. You'll observe the different waders of the Algarvian mudflats such as oystercatchers, whimbrels, ringed, and much more. You'll also have the possibility to see some flamingos and spoonbills on the lagoon. On the marsh, depending on the water level, greater or fewer numbers of birds are present, don't miss the opportunity to learn more about the wide range of species with your guide. After walking on the dyke, you'll cross a farmland area with some typical trees such as carobs, figs, and almond trees, until reaching the Roman ruins of Abicada. In this area, partially covered by vegetation, you'll have the possibility to enjoy the view of a small marsh, where some bird species are present.
Abicada lagoon half-day tour
Language: English , French , Portuguese
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover the bird species of the Abicada lagoon
- Enjoy a birdwatching tour with an expert guide
- Explore the nature of the Algarvian landscape
What to expect
- 3-hour tour
- A bottle of water
Caminho da Rocha, 8500-132 Mexilhoeira Grande, Portugal
In front of Cruzinha.
What to remember
- Please confirm your language desired directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Remember to bring your binoculars
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
A Rocha Life
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.