Ancient Rome guided tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Visit the Colosseum and the Roman forum
- Enter the ancient world with your Skip-the-Line access
- Join an archaeologist and/or an art historian guided tour
Meet your guide near the Colosseum and follow them through more than 12 centuries of ancient Roman history, from the time of Romulus, Remus and the She-Wolf up to the Barbarian invasions. Enter the Colosseum like an ancient spectator, climbing the stairs to reach the first tier. There, you will be struck by a spectacular view of the arena. Imagine gladiators fighting gladiators, lions, and tigers or the many other exciting uses of the arena.
Leave the Colosseum to see the Arch of Constantine and be led into the heart of the ancient world: the Roman Forum. With the help of your guide, you will easily imagine sellers trading goods, politicians speaking to the crowd, judges sentencing criminals, teachers surrounded by their students, priests worshiping pagan gods or predicting the future, as well a vendors of all types.
Walk through the 'Via Sacra,' the holiest road in Rome, to reach the Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine and the Arch of Titus. Be inspired by the beauty of the most important ruins of antiquity, the Temple of Saturn, the Tabularium façade, the ancient Senate house, Temple of Julius Cesar, and the house of the Vestal Virgins and their sacred flame. Learn about the punishment for these vestal virgins if they didn’t respect their vows.
- Local guide
- Small group tour
- Admission tickets
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 5, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Outside the Metro Station,Colosseo. Look for your guide in front of a newsstand holding a "Joy of Rome" sign.
- Admission tickets are not included in the price of the tour
- Price is 14 Euro for adults and 2 Euro for persons under 18
- You will pay for your tickets directly to the guide the day of the tour
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair not accessible (the Colosseum is accessible, the Ancient Forum unfortunately is not)
- From October to February Colosseum and Roman Forum will close at 4:30 PM
- This tour is not available on all the first Sundays of the month, On January 1st and 6th, May 1st, June 2nd, June 29th, November 1st, December 25th.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9.00am
- Tuesdays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...