Ancient Rome Segway Tour
- At the helm of your very own modern “chariot” – glide past the famous wonders of Ancient Rome
- Discover new spots such as the Knights of Malta keyhole and the breathtaking view from the Orange Tree Garden
- Have a peek at the Bocca della Verità (Mouth of Truth) – as seen in the Movie ‘Roman Holiday’
Discover our most popular tour of Rome by Segway. Glide effortlessly through the wonders of Ancient Rome on your very own modern “chariot” – the SegwayPT! You’ll travel up and down the most beautiful seven famous hills of Rome, covering must-see sights such as the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the Roman Forum and Mouth of Truth.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Colosseum. Your tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy it is!
You will appear as young Romans racing their chariots while enjoying a view of the Palatine Hill. From here, we’ll ride up the Aventine Hill — no tired feet! — and discover its off-the-beaten track terraced gardens leading on to Rome’s best panoramic views. We’ll even visit the famous ‘keyhole’ of Rome’s Knights of Malta. Take your turn peeking through the keyhole – what do you see? It’s just one of the many surprises that awaits you on your Ancient Rome Segway Tour.
Put your honesty on trial at the Mouth of Truth (Bocca della Verità), the enormous Ancient Roman drain cap that was made famous by Audrey Hepburn in ‘Roman Holiday’. If your hand survives the test of truth, we’ll make our way over to the Roman Forum. Here we’ll roll around the perimeter of Rome’s most important archeological park, enjoying incredible views over ruins, columns and ancient temples. A sure highlight is the Capitoline Hill, where we’ll admire Michelangelo’s Piazza and the stunning panorama over the forums.
Without breaking a sweat, we’ll drive over to our final (and most important!) stop: the Colosseum. Take in the sight of this majestic world icon from your unique viewpoint on a Segway as we visit from outside. This is a perfect photo opportunity!
At each site you’ll enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which you’ll be provided with at the beginning of the tour. You’ll discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots you’ll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation, created uniquely for this tour!
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Ancient Rome has to offer in just a few hours – we’re sure you’ll love our Ancient Rome Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi and water are available to all of our guests.
- Training and riding session
- Segway rental
- Tour leader
- iPod Video Audio Guides
- It is not possible to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum on a Segway, and entrance tickets are not included
- Extra hours
Via Celimontana 30/32, 00184 Roma.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- It is not possible to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum on a Segway, and entrance tickets are not included. All monuments are easily visited from outside. In some cases, due to long lines, we won't have time for a photo opportunity inside the Mouth of Truth. In any case we will always visit the monument from outside.
- Every day at 9.30am and 3.30pm
Rome is a true ‘outdoor museum’ making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it! T...
Experience the unparalleled beauty of the "Eternal City" by night and return home with Rome in your ...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Enjoy a small group tour of Rome at first light of day, and escape the crowds as you travel by luxur...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
Choose the Colosseum express tour to save time if you'll be in Rome just a few days and you don’t wa...
Enjoy an amazing day driving a gleaming classic Italian car passing the main highlights of Rome. Thi...
In cerca di un'esperienza nuova, un'attività particolare, unica e adrenalinica? Scopri Resolute Esca...