Castel Sant'Angelo and its bridge guided tour
- Discover the cylindrical mausoleum of Emperor Hadrian
- Wander the fortress-like corridors to discover ancient and papal art
- Learn the history of the Castel Sant'Angelo and its adjoining bridge
- Get scenic views of the Tiber River and Rome
- See the baroque angels that adorn the Pons Aelius
Travel back to 125AD and explore the imposing Castel Sant'Angelo and Ponte Sant’Angelo in the Parco Adriano of Rome.
A licensed guide will take you to the front of the line to enjoy fast track entry to Hadrian’s cylindrical mausoleum, and explain the changes that took place throughout the centuries behind the fortified walls of the the first ever castle built in Rome.
Initially commissioned by Emperor Hadrian, the building was later used by the popes as a fortress. Now a museum, it was erected on the right bank of the River Tiber and features a garden top and golden quadriga. The popes converted the structure into a castle in the 14th century, with a fortified corridor called the “Passetto di Borgo” that Pope Nicholas III built to connect the castle to St Peter's Basilica.
Your tour also includes the Ponte Sant’Angelo. Also known as the Pons Aelius, it crosses the Tiber River from the riones (neighborhoods) of Ponte and Borgo. Built by Hadrian in 134AD, the bridge is renowned for the Baroque statues of angels holding aloft elements of the Passion of Christ.
Walk along the Passetto as your guide introduces you to the history of this 800-meters-long (0.5 miles) corridor running all the way through the Borgo Pio from the Vatican Popes residency to Castel St. Angelo.
While walking along the Passetto, you can admire the Borgo Pio with its lovely and characteristic medieval streets and buildings until you reach the most famous square in the world, St. Peter's Square, with its colonnade, 140 statues of Saints, fountains and the wonderful Basilica of St. Peters.
- Headsets to be able to hear your guide during the visit
- A professional and licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees for St. Angel Castle
- Youth (18-25): reduced
- Child (7-17): reduced
- Infant (0-6): free of charge
Ponte Sant'Angelo, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your guide at the entrace of Saint Angel’s bridge, you will see a sign “partyamo Tours”. Please be at the meeting point 15 minute before starting tour
- Please note that this tour operates with a maximum of 20 participants
- Please wear good walking shoes
- Free cancellation is available 72 hours before the tour starts. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the tour start time will not be refunded
- Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- At 9.30am
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Our pink buses are on the move all day long and will take you to the city’s most important monuments...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Lamache Jujet Dreaming is not a remedy, but the st...