- More attention from your guide with small groups (max 12)
- Avoid long queues at Rome’s most popular attractions
- Explore the passageways gladiators walked to reach the arena
- A great way to understand the many ruins of Rome
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an expert professional guide. Be prepared to discover:
- The history of the Colosseum, its location and contexts
- The evidence of Nero’s great fire
- The construction and architecture of the building
- The grisly detail of the games and the gladiators
- The Colosseum from multiple viewpoints and how it functioned
- The truth about the many myths surrounding the place
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Palatine Hill, where emperors built their palaces and Romulus fought Remus
- The Forum’s many buildings and historic layers explained
- The Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Septimius Severus, and the Curia
Your guide will leave the group in the central area of the Forum, where you can relax and take pictures, continuing the visit on your own, or moving on.
(Download this pdf for the initial meeting point).
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Officially-licensed English or Italian-speaking guide (expert in archaeology and art history)
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- EU citizens ages 18-25: EUR 7.50 ticket + EUR 4 presale + EUR 27.50 guide
- EU and non-EU citizens 0-18 years: EUR 0 ticket + EUR 3 presale + EUR 8 guide
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Meet at Via dei Fori Imperiali in front of the newspaper stand at the exit of the Metro B, station Colosseum
- Please note: due to mandatory security metal detector checks, the waiting time at the entrance line to the Colosseum is about 90 minutes. The "skip-the-line" tickets allow you to skip the ticket purchasing line, not the mandatory security checks.
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternative date for your booking
- Musement is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, union meetings, bad weather etc
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 8.45 am
- The tour does not run on the first Sunday of each month
- Meet at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour
Spend a half-day seeing the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it...
Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. P...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Enjoy a day of complete relaxation and wellness: let yourself be pampered with the treatments and pr...
Partecipa a serate speciali per vivere il Parco Villa Gregoriana, Bene FAI a Tivoli, sotto un’altra ...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...