Day-trip to Tivoli, Villa d'Este and Villa Adriana
- Discover the Renaissance-style and UNESCO jewel Villa d’Este
- Admire the splendid natural environment outside the Eternal City
- Comfortable transport to the town of Tivoli from Rome
Visit a world-renowned town in the vicinity of Rome with splendid villas and gardens, and discover Villa d’Este, a real masterpiece of the UNESCO heritage list.
Visit Tivoli, an ancient resort area famed for its beauty and its good water, enriched by many Roman villas, the most famous one, of which the ruins remain, is Villa Adriana. Take a comfortable transport to the little town of Tivoli, located a few kilometers from Rome, in a splendid natural environment between the Eternal City and the high hills to the east of Rome.
Since ancient times this little town has been blessed by a great climate and always had a key importance due to its location. The most remarkable architectural complex is Villa Adriana, dating from the Ancient Roman time, created in the 2nd century AD by the Emperor Hadrian.
The Villa covers more than 120 hectares and was the House of the Emperors for more than 50 years. After this amazing visit, come to discover the Renaissance-style Villa d’Este, a gorgeous palatial setting surrounded by a spectacular terraced garden. Enjoy the beauty of its cascades, water tanks, and fountains.
Villa d'Este is a masterpiece of the Italian Gardens, decorated with a massive and impressive number of fountain nymphs, grottos and marvelous courtyards inspired by the gardens of Babylon, one of the wonders of ancient world. Strongly desired by the Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, the Villa was enlarged and enriched by all his descendants with the contribution of incredible artists of the times, like Gianlorenzo Bernini.
Return to Rome in the afternoon.
- Hotel pick-up (from centrally located hotels with a 24hrs reception service)
- Local guide
- Entrance tickets
- Drop-off at one of "I Love Rome" bus stops of your choice (in central Rome)
- Optional gratuities
- Infant: (0-2): free
- Child (3-7): reduced
With pick-up the meeting point and time are arranged in advance, by calling the number you can find on your voucher. With no pick-up, the meeting point is the Gray Line Rome/I Love Rome Office at Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 95, in front of the Grand Hotel – Metro A Line – Repubblica Stop.
- Hotel pick-ups start at 7:30am from centrally-located hotels.
- Drop-off is in Rome's city centre at the following I Love Rome stops of your choice: Stazione Termini, Piazza Barberini, Santa Maria Maggiore, Via Ludovisi, Largo Santa Susanna.
- The guide's explanations are bilingual: English&Spanish and German&French. You will hear only your language through the headset.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 8.30 am
Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...