- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii with your local guide
- Enjoy your skip-the-line, pre-booked access to the ruins of Pompeii
- Admire the view from the summit of the Vesuvius during summer
- Enjoy a visit to the iconic Naples in the winter season
- Taste a traditional Neapolitan pizza lunch
Visit the ruins of Pompeii and the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll whisk you directly from Rome to Pompeii where you’ll meet your official, licensed Pompeii tour guide. Traveling in groups of only 25 people or less, you’ll explore examples of every building in Pompeii – from homes to bathhouses, fast food stores to outdoor theaters.
All tour operators are obliged to use official local tour guides in Pompeii and we’ve selected the most entertaining and knowledgeable available to ensure that your day tour is as enjoyable as it is memorable. Our licensed Pompeii guides are expert English-speakers too – so we’ll give you headsets to be sure that you catch every word, with a little extra space for wandering and picture-taking.
Follow your expert local guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town, explaining what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. They’ll recreate for you the final days of Pompeii as you examine the harrowing death casts scattered around these ruins at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius.
Our Pompeii day trip doesn’t end here, however. We’ll drive a short way to perhaps the most dangerous volcano in the world – a title held for the 3 million people living around its base today. Just over a half-mile hike up Mt. Vesuvius* from the parking lot below the crater offers the most stunning view of the Bay of Naples below and a taste of the utter devastation it must have caused when it exploded in 79 AD, literally wiping Pompeii off the map for 1,500 years.
During the winter months, when Mount Vesuvius is closed, we visit Naples, the beautiful ‘city by the bay. Naples sits in an incredible natural context crowned by Mt. Vesuvius, continental Europe’s only active volcano, the islands of Capri and Ischia, not to mention this ancient city’s baroque domes and architecture.
We’ll take a panoramic bus tour and have some free time to walk around the city centre, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savour an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries, while watching the world go by.
Our Pompeii Day Trip from Rome includes an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch and round-trip transport from Rome. As well as your official local guide in Pompeii, you’ll have an expert, English-speaking tour coordinator to entertain you on the way to and from Rome, so, you can relax and enjoy your Pompeii day trip without worrying about the ins and outs of cross-country travel.
- Official, licensed, English-speaking guide in Pompeii
- Groups no larger than 25 people during guided tour of Pompeii
- Round-trip transport from Rome in private, air-conditioned coach
- Ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii
- Traditional Neapolitan pizza lunch
- Entry ticket to Mt. Vesuvius (March-November) or National Archaeological Museum of Naples when Vesuvius is closed in Summer
- Bus panoramic tour in Naples with free time in winter months (late November to March)
- Headsets in Pompeii so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-1): free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Child (2-14): reduced (with proof of age)
Piazza del Popolo, 00187 Roma, Italy
In the center of the square “Piazza del Popolo” – Metro Line A – Flaminio. At the fountain with the lions and obelisk.
- Extra measures may be implemented due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering the venue. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours. We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours.
- During summer months in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case an alternative visit to the Archeological Museum of Pompei will be included or an alternative of equal value. From late November to March the Vesuvius isn't accessible and it is replaced with a visit to the city of Naples with a panoramic bus tour and free time
- The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill at a 14-degree angle and 20 minutes long (about 1 mile). The hike is prevalently on soft ground, adequate footwear is recommended. Those who choose may remain at the parking area and enjoy the views.
- Temperatures on the Volcano may be a bit lower than temperatures on the ground, a sweater or light jacket is recommended, especially outside of the summer months.
- This service ends around 07:30 pm at the square Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements.
Every day (depending on season) at 7:30 am
- April 1st - 19th November you will visit Mt. Vesuvius or in case of bad weather you will visit the National Archeological Museum of Naples
- November 20th - 31st of March you will visit Naples
Simplify your trip to Pompeii with this no-hassle transfer from Rome. Guided tour available in Engli...
This is a day trip that lets you visit the Cinque Terre from Rome and be back in your hotel by bedti...
Take a break from the Italian capital and its chaotic streets to go on a one day Tuscan holiday. Thi...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
The best bike tour for families with children who will be able to ride safely into Villa Borghese Pa...
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...