Pompeii Ruins with Sorrento or Positano private day tour from Rome
- Enjoy a private tour of Pompeii and decide to visit Sorrento or Positano
- Capture all the picturesque moments along your scenic drive
- Choose to take a guided or audioguided tour in Pompeii with a licensed guide (at additional cost)
You'll be picked up from your hotel in the morning by your driver for starting a scenic 2-hour drive to Pompeii. Your first stop will be the Ruins of Pompeii, where you can take a visit with audio-guides (available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese) or with a private licensed guide (available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese) both available with an extra charge.
Pompeii was an ancient Roman town near modern Naples, where the common people went on holidays at the time of the Ancient Rome. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many ancient towns in the surrounding area, was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of volcanic ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. The excavations are huge, and not every area can be visited. Along the way, tours can be organized to enter the excavations and see as much as possible.
Depending on the option you choose, you'll either head to Sorrento or Positano with a stop for lunch and time for taking pictures along the way.
Sorrento: Head along the Sorrento coast with stops for pictures along the way before reaching your destination. Once there, enjoy some free time for walking around the city. Sorrento is a beautiful town perched on a cliff high above the sea with views of Vesuvius and the islands in the Bay of Naples. While spending time in the historical center of the town, you can have lunch at a local restaurant if you wish (not included in tour price). Don't forget to taste the famous Limoncello in Sorrento!
Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast with stops for pictures along the way reaching Positano, where you can have lunch at a local restaurant (not included in tour price) and enjoy some free time walking around the city. Positano stands on the side of a mountain with stairs connecting it to the beaches below. The town’s architecture is singular and will allow breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
At the end of the tour, sit back, relax and enjoy your 2-hour and a half drive back to your hotel in Rome.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour in the language chosen (if option selected)
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Live commentary on board during the trip
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Pompeii entrance tickets € 11 per person
- Audio-guides in Pompeii € 8 per person (available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese)
- Food and drinks
Please provide the address of your hotel at the time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Prices per group.
- It's possible to book the guided tour in the language you prefer, at the time of booking. Otherwise, it'll be possible to rent audio-guides on site.
- You can expect to be back at your hotel around 7.30 pm (depending on local traffic)
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour.
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction.
- Your English-speaking driver will give you a general overview regarding the history of the areas in the car before you start walking around on your own. By Italian law, he's unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc, or even to leave the car to walk around with you.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour isn't recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Based on the day of the week and the temperature of the day, you might visit Pompeii in the morning or in the afternoon.
Every day at 7.30 am (approx.)
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...