Rome in a day with Colosseum, Ancient Rome and city center afternoon tour
- Combine 2 of the bestselling tours in Rome covering the must-see sights
- Follow your expert guide in small groups of maximum 25 people
- Discover Ancient Rome in the morning: visit the Roman Forum, the Palatine Hill and the Colosseum
- Explore Piazza Navona, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps with the afternoon tour
Do you only have a couple of days in Rome? To make the most of your stay, this Rome walking tour covers all the sights you absolutely have to see, including the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and more! With skip-the-line access and a small size, you won’t have to waste precious time in line or straining to hear your guide.
MORNING TOUR Your tour will start with legendary Colosseum. By skipping the long lines, you’ll have immediate access to this magnificent structure where your expert guide will tell you the history and will point out the details that bring this incredible structure to life. Your group will then move on to the Roman Forum, once the political and social center of Ancient Rome.
Stroll down the same road once tread by the feet of victorious Roman armies and see the remains of the banks, temples and homes. You’ll climb the Palatine Hill to visit the location where a wolf mother raised Remus and Romulus, the legendary founding bothers of Rome. Admire views that stretch out below your eyes, as far as St. Peter’s Basilica. Your well-deserved lunch break will be in the historical city center.
*Lunch is not included in the price of your tour, but your guide will be happy to recommend a spot. Or you could just follow your nose as it guides you to one of the city’s countless trattorias or pizzerias. Soak up the atmosphere before catching the metro to the next part of your journey, an adventure through the best of modern Rome.
AFTERNOON TOUR For the second half of your walking tour, you’ll walk along the picturesque streets and piazzas of the city, seeing the best-known spots – from the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and splendid Piazza Navona with its incredible Bernini fountain. Your guide will bring all the sites to life with the stories and myths of the monuments that you will not hear on other tours.
*You'll have time to take a coffee break along the way to have a famous Italian espresso. Join this Rome in one-day tour for a true taste of Rome that will leave you hungry for more.
Sites visited may include but are not limited to a skip-the-line entrance and visit inside the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and “Via Sacra”, the Palatine Hill, The Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, Sant’Andrea della Fratte Church, Oratorio dell Angelo Custode, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Colonna, Palazzo Montecitorio, the Pantheon, Palazzo Madama (Senate of the Italian Republic), Piazza Navona (including Bernini’s ‘Four Rivers’ Fountain), and Campo de’ Fiori.
- Duration: 8 hours (3 hour morning tour, 2.5 hour afternoon tour)
- There is a break between tours for lunch. No transfer provided
- Tour as per description
- Expert, multi-language speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- 1 gelato in the summer, and 1 hot chocolate or cappuccino in the winter
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Infant (ages 0-3): free
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced
- Please note: strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
MORNING TOUR - English at 10.00am, French and German at 9.00 am, Spanish at 9.30 am. The tour commences on the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo." AFTERNOON TOUR - 3.30pm for all the languages. Near the metro station entrance in Piazza di Spagna under the palm trees in the piazza next to the red ‘M' sign.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, stairs and hills; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Historic sites sometimes lack shade and can be quite hot under direct sunlight. We suggest that customers bring a sun hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water during summer months.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour.
- Please note, that on Saturday the Pantheon will be closed for Mass.
Note: We have been informed that there will be ongoing restoration work on (or to the buildings surrounding) the Spanish Steps, this will cause some visual disturbance and will affect the viewing and photo opportunities of these monuments.
English operates daily
- Meeting time: 9.45am
- Departure time: 10.00am
French, German operates on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday
- Meeting time: 8.45am
- Departure time: 9.00am
Spanish operates on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday
- Meeting time: 9.15am
- Departure time: 9.30am
The morning service ends at approximately 12.00pm or 1.00pm (depending on departure time) on the Palatine Hill. The afternoon service ends at approximately 5.30pm or 6.30pm (depending on departure time) in Campo de' Fiori.
Note: This tour is a package composed of two separate tours. The meeting points and times are separated into morning and afternoon tours below. It must be clear to the client that they must arrive to BOTH individual meeting points on their own and check in both times. We recommend that guests use the metro to travel from the end point of their morning tour to the start point of their afternoon tour before they eat lunch, to ensure that they are not late for the second half of their tour. It is the responsibility of guests to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure time.
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Enter the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public and enjoy Michelangelo’s masterpieces...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...