VIP Express Colosseum tour with Forum-view breakfast, Gladiator's entrance and Arena floor
- Begin the tour with an American-style breakfast with breathtaking views over the Roman Forum
- Enter the Colosseum through the former Gladiator’s entrance and admire the Arena floor
- Take advantage of the option to get skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum at no additional cost
Start your day, and your appointment with the Colosseum, right with a buffet breakfast at a premier Rome hotel, whose terrace is acclaimed throughout the city as having one of the best views of the Forum. Watch as its columns and capitals bask in the morning light, while choosing from a selection of bacon, sausages, made to order eggs, fruit, jam, pastries, yogurt, coffee and juice with dedicated service. When the weather is good, you will even be able to enjoy the morning feast in the even more spectacular setting of the hotel’s uncovered terrace reserved for your group alone.
After breakfast, enjoy a relaxing stroll taking in the Forum from the street with your guide’s commentary before reaching the Colosseum’s recently opened Gladiator’s entrance. Home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles, this tour explores the Arena Floor with its awe-inspiring perspective, up-close views of the underground area where the spectacle was brought to life, and the panorama from where the Emperor’s box once stood, all special access areas that standard ticket holders don’t get to see. In addition, you will follow your guide up to the second level to see what the crowds saw, tracing the Colosseum’s circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiator’s destiny hung on their whims.
After the tour, you will also have the option of following your guide for skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum. Here, you will be taken to the best vantage point for a short introduction into its history and most famous monuments before visiting them on your own, enriched by your guide’s expert knowledge. You will also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional bird’s-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
- American/Continental buffet breakfast
- Privileged Colosseum Arena access
- 1.5 hour guided tour of the Colosseum
- Optional skip-the-line for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (4-14 years old): Reduced
- Free (0-3 years old): Free
Via Tor de' Conti, 25, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
In the lobby of Hotel Forum on Via Tor de' Conti 25
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- Please note that the dress code for the restaurant is smart casual. The restaurant does not permit athletic or sports uniforms, torn clothing, slippers, beach sandals, and flip-flops. Gentlemen must avoid shorts and open shoes. However, comfortable shoes are recommended considering that the second part of the tour is a walking tour. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
- This service ends outside the Colosseum.
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
Operating Days: Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- Meeting Time: 06:55 am
- Departure Time: 7:10 am
Experience the immensity of ancient Rome’s most iconic symbol on this express Colosseum tour with pr...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Dine in a typical, local restaurant in the Trevi area, then enjoy a leisurely walk in Trastevere, th...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
Explore Rome at your own pace with this 24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off City Sightseeing bus! Jump on a...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Your bike tour starts in central Rome, where you'll meet your guide and set off on your ride around ...
Visit the Capitoline Museums, a group of art and archeological museums in Piazza del Campidoglio, on...