You will start the tour by visiting the Museum of the Frankincense Land. It was opened in July 2007 at Al Balid Archaeological Park, a UNESCO heritage site located in Salalah. It is the latest addition to Oman’s heritage and cultural scene and houses two main halls, namely the History Hall, depicting the geography and history of the ancient Frankincense trail and the historical background of the Sultanate through a number of archaeological findings. The Marine Hall displays the development of Oman’s rich marine history. You will see a complete history of the Maritime trade and ship building industry of Oman, with meticulously carved replicas of the ancient boats and ships of the Omani Maritime trade. Afterwards you will drive through lush green plantations of vegetables and fruits and make a brief stop to experience the locally grown fruits and vegetables at fruits and vegetable stalls. You will also visit the impressive Sultan Qaboos Mosque in central Salalah, built in 2009 to welcome thousands of worshippers. You will then see the official palace of His Majesty the Sultan (Al Husn Palace) and stroll through the old Haffah souk, famous for the sale of high- quality Frankincense & numerous other Dhofari traditional souvenirs.
Salalah private city tour
Availability: From Sunday to Thursday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Private transportation
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
You will find the local operator's details in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- The pick-up is from Salalah and Taqa hotels
- Please contact th supplier at least 48 hours before the tour to confirm your pick-up details
- The mosque in Salalah is opened for non-Muslim visitors from Saturdays to Thursdays from 8.00am to 11.00am
- This is a private tour for a minimum of 2 people
- From Sunday to Thursday
- The pick-up starts at 9.00am from your hotel
Travco Oman LLC
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the experience begins.