- Enjoy the cultural and political history of Salzburg from its medieval salt commerce through the World Wars
- Explore the little streets of its Burgher Town
- Discover the spacious Baroque squares where the Archbishops presided over the city in their Residence
- Visit Mozart’s birthplace and the Festival Halls learning of Salzburg's formidable musical heritage
- Explore St. Peter′s monastery, part of an ancient Benedictine abbey in the city center
- Learn the fascinating true story of the Trapp family singers from the movie The Sound of Music
This 3-hour walk starts with an exploration of Salzburg’s Burgher Town with its narrow, crooked little streets and the unique passage ways of the so-called „Getreidegasse.“ Salzburg’s commercial centre still remains intact in its medieval charm contrasting the great spacious Baroque squares of the district where the Archbishops presided over the city in their Residence.
We pass by Mozart’s Birthplace and the Festival Halls before we reach the monastery of the Benedictines called St. Peter – dating back to 696 AC. Along with stories of Salzburg’s medieval salt commerce and medical innovations, we follow the childhoods of Wolfgang and Nannerl Mozart as well as the life story of the great second musical son of the city, the composer, Michael Haydn.
By the end of the walk, visitors know our local customs and traditions, our cultural and political history, and our enviable musical heritage. Last but not least, you will learn the true story of the global movie classic The Sound of Music ‘s Trapp family, one of the authentically great refugee tales of the second world war.
- 3-hour walk through the historical center of Salzburg
- Professional guide
- In front of the Café Glockenspiel, Mozartplatz 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
- Your tour guide is an expert in history
- Tuesday and Saturday: 10.00am
- Thursday and Sunday: 2.00pm
On this trip you will be picked up in the city of Salzburg with a glass roof panorama van (maximum 8...
On this tour you will be picked up with a comfortable panorama glass roof van and head to the countr...
After the pick up from your hotel in Salzburg we'll drive to the next city in the south - Hallein. T...
You are doing wide distances on this trip. From Salzburg city we'll drive in a comfortable glass roo...
Explore the UNESCO world heritage of Salzburg and take home unique Polaroid memories. If you are tir...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...