Aquarium of the Bay entrance ticket with transportation
- Explore the clear acrylic tunnels of Aquarium of the Bay featuring over 20,000 exciting animals
- Enjoy San Francisco Bay’s most colorful animals including swirling school of anchovies and "Bay Babies"
The Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39 facility boasts 300 feet of crystal clear acrylic tunnels holding 700,000 gallons of carefully maintained bay water that sustains approximately 20,000 animals, from octopuses to eight-foot, native, seven-gill sharks. Visitors are treated to mesmerizing walls of jellyfish and a chance to touch bat rays, skates and “splash zone" animals. In its’ fifteen year history, over seven million guests, including more than 100,000 school children, have visited San Francisco’s spectacular Aquarium of the Bay.
Your Aquarium of the Bay exploration begins in "Discover the Bay", featuring the distinctive ecosystems that support an incredibly wide variety of marine life. In eight exhibits featuring over a thousand aquatic animals, you will learn about the creatures that make their homes in the Bay.
Exhibit highlights include:
- “Beauties of the Bay”: visit San Francisco Bay’s most colorful animals, including the bright orange Garibaldi (the California State Marine Fish), green Moray Eels and rockfish of varying colors, in the first exhibit on the right.
- Swirling school of anchovies: did you know that lateral lines on anchovies’ bodies serve as sensory organs? This enables the animals to sense where the school is moving, to help stick together and avoid predators.
- “Bay Babies” from newly hatched Skates to juvenile perch and other fishes, explore underwater newborns. San Francisco Bay is a nursery ground to many species of fishes.
- Admission to Aquarium of the Bay
- Roundtrip transportation
- Children (ages 0-4): free
- Children (ages 5-11) and Seniors (65+): reduced
Pier 39, San Francisco, CA. 94133
Aquarium of the Bay - Pier 39, San Francisco, CA. 94133
- This is a daily ticket, valid for the whole day
- Daily 10:00am-6:00pm
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks - and now you can experience its c...
Experience magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay on the way to Muir Woods National Monument. Yo...
Trying to get the best value for your time and money in San Francisco? This package lets you to see ...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...
On this self-guided tour, friendly staff will provide you with a map and detailed route suggestions ...
The world of experimentation is going in Sonoma County, with whiskeys being made not only from rye, ...