Golden Gate Bay cruise
- Take the original bay cruise around Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge with exclusive headphone audio narration
- See the San Francisco waterfront and sail past Fort Mason, Marina and many more
Cruise along San Francisco’s breathtaking waterfront, under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, and loop closely around notorious Alcatraz Island. On the Golden Gate Bay cruise you’ll discover the city’s colorful history and world famous landmarks with personal headphone audio in 16 languages. During the Golden Gate Bay cruise, you may also experience up-close wildlife encounters including seagulls, pelicans, and sea lions. At times, you may see even harbor porpoises and whales, so be alert!
Departing from the heart of historic Fisherman’s Wharf at Pier 43½, cruise alonside the San Francisco’s remarkable cityscape and view the lively neighborhood of North Beach, the famous swimming clubs of Aquatic Park, the historic vessels moored at Hyde Street Pier, the San Francisco Maritime National Park, and numerous other exciting sights along the way.
As you head west towards the Golden Gate Bridge, you’ll view Fort Mason and the Marina District, which was damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. Next, take in views of Crissy Field and the lush hillsides of the Presidio – both former Army installations – that are now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Don’t miss incredible photo opportunities while cruising directly under the massive 4,200-foot long, 746-foot high span of the Golden Gate Bridge.
As you head back into the Bay, travel past the wildlife reserves of the Marin Headlands and the legendary town of Sausalito, which was once home to the late-1960’s Flower Generation. With Angel Island State Park to your left, you’ll slowly cruise around (and up-close to) the infamous Alcatraz Island. On your way back to Fisherman’s Wharf, you’ll see the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, and Coit Tower in the distance.
After a full-hour of exciting sightson the Golden Gate Bay cruise, the barking sea lions over at nearby Pier 39 will welcome you back as you approach Pier 43½. Here, you can visit two National Historic Landmarks, the WWII submarine USS Pampanito and merchant marine vessel SS Jeremiah O’Brien.
- 1-hour boat cruise
- Audio narration with headphones
- Food and snacks (full cash bar available)
- Youth 5-17 reduced
- Children under 5 are free
Pier 43 1/2, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
Please meet your at Pier 43 ½, Fisherman’s Wharf at the corner of Taylor Street and Embarcadero.
- Your booking is valid for 365 days from the date of purchase
- Audio guide is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Mandarin, Hindi, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia and Vienamese
- You can check in directly at Pier 43 1/2 ticket booth, at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to scheduled or preferred departure time
- Please bring a valid photo ID to your check-in
- Tour runs every 30-40 minutes beginning at 10.00am
During the hop-on hop-off Official City Tour, you can see San Francisco with all its major sites inc...
Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight Ashbury, Lombard Street, Civic Center, Union Square, Chi...
This is the best way to get the most out of wine tasting and enjoy the splendor of the Sonoma Wine C...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...
On this self-guided tour, friendly staff will provide you with a map and detailed route suggestions ...
Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco offers an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chi...